Late but negative test?

mm962

Reaction score
I wasn't really sure which forum to post this in.

So I'm thinking the chances of me being pregnant are pretty slim since I am on birth control, but I did miss one pill towards the beginning of my last pack.

But I've never even been 1 day late in my life...and now I am 7 days late. Pregnancy tests have been negative. And TMI to follow- I've been having a ton of clear watery discharge.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? If so, what was the result?

Thank you ladies!

I posted this exact same post last month. I've been on birth control for almost 15 years, and I have never missed my period. However, last month, I totally missed it. I thought for SURE I was preggo... I had also forgotten one pill that month. I took several pregnancy tests and they all were negative!! I talked to my doctor and she said that it is not uncommon for women to miss a period on birth control. She said that as long as HPTs were negative, I should start my next pill pack as I normally would. I did, and also kept testing just to make sure. I was most definitely not pregnant. I got my period this last week while taking the placebo pills. It was super weird. I wasn't under any more stress than usual, hadn't changed my diet or exercise... I don't know what happened. My doctor said that if I missed two periods, she would have me come in for an exam/testing.

So yes... it is possible to be late or totally skip a period while on BC and not be pregnant!

Maybe talk to your doctor just to be sure? Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->