Late Ovulation... Help

olivia4032

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got a + on my ovulation test.... day 19 of a 28-30 day cycle. Is this too late to have any chance of conceiving? Why would I ov so late?

Anyone recommend taking vitamin b6.... saw this as a suggestion on a few website.

Thanks!

CD19 is not actually considered "late" ovulation. I believe most doctors classify late as being after CD22 or CD24. It might be late for you, but it's actually not that late in the game. Also, you are assuming that you are going to have a 28 or 30 day cycle this time around because that has been your experience in the past; however, late OV will simply translate into a longer cycle (most women begin menstruation roughly 14 days after OV- give or take a few days. So if you do have a classic Luteal Phase of 14 days- and perhaps you don't- your period should start around CD36).

The reasons for late OV vary, and it's nearly impossible to find an answer after only one cycle.

I personally OV'd this past cycle on CD26, and conceived. So it's possible to conceive even if you do OV late.

PS: Do you chart your Basal Body Temperature? I ask because sometimes ovulation tests are wrong, and charting is the only way to confirm that you have in fact ovulated. Best of luck!

^^^WSS

If you actually ovulated, there is a chance you can conceive. As long as an egg is released. Just have to catch it! Good luck hun!

Thanks for all the good insights!

Yes, I do chart BBT.... but just started this month. So all I saw today was a sharp decrease in temp.... I assume I'll see a rise over the next few days.

That's what should happen. Once your temp is above the coverline for 3 days, they will say you have ovulated.

Yes, it should stay up for 3+ days to confirm ovulation. I remember the first time I OV'd "late"- I was sure my eggs were dying on me (this past cycle included). If you keep OV'ing later and later, bring your charts to your doctor to discuss any problems you might be having.

:flower:

not all luteal phases are bang on 14 days - Between ten and sixteen days is considered normal, although luteal phases of less than twelve days may make it more difficult to achieve pregnancy - although i dont believe that!!

so if you O'd on day 19/20 then your luteal phase is 11-12 days? so you're ok :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->