Late ovulation is bad. Is that true?

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
I've just read that ovulating after cd 20 means the egg isn't as good quality and there's higher chance of birth defects etc. also the lining is 'old' by then so less nutritious and thicker so more difficult for implantation.

I ovulate cd 27. I've never heard this before. I ovulated on cd 25 when I got pregnant with dd and she is perfect but reading this has really worried me.

What are your thoughts? Thanks x

I wouldn't have thought it mattered when you ovulate, I've never heard of the egg being not as good if you ovualate late.
I would have though the egg would still be the same quailty no matter when you ovulate.

it's how the baby devlopes that effects birth defects not so much the egg and sperm, although sometimes it can effect it. it's all down to gense and well and timing of when each part of the baby developes.
I'm not sure if there is a video on youtube or whether it will be on bbc iplayer but a while a go there was a programe on called the human body.
On the first one they explain all about how about babies grow in us. If you can find that, it might help.

Thanks ladies. I know quite a bit about biology and have bever heard this before so I should have known not to worry but I think ttc makes you a bit crazy at times!

defently agree there TTC makes up do and think some crazy things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"