Late, Period came, weird?

Polkadot45

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been searching these forums for about a week now, since I have really no idea whats going on so I decided to try and make my own post.

So come background:
I have endometriosis, which causes me to have a lot of pain, throwing up, and passing out.
My ''last'' period was on April 17th and ended on the 22nd. Most of my periods last 5-6 days, start heavy and taper off on the 5th day (or ends) and they are typically 25-27 days for my cycle. I'm typically early so the 25/26 days is more regular then 27.

I went to go see my long distance boyfriend from April 30th-May 6th, each day we dtd, unprotected. I don't use any form of birth control due to it doing more harm then good with my endometriosis.

I expected my period to start on May 13th, I had cramping that day like normal and experienced diarrhea again, like I typically would at the beginning of a period but I was late. I haven't been late for quite a few years. I started thinking about how I've been feeling and I've mostly been really fatigued, had stomach cramps for the past few days before my period was supposed to start, I've been pretty nauseated and not wanting to eat very much. After having diarrhea, I've been constipated ever since, not to mention pretty intense mood swings. On May 14th since I had missed my period, I knew I had a HPT laying around and saw that it was expired by about 8 months, I used it anyways and it came out negative which isn't much information.

On May 16th I started my ''period'' It started out being very crampy, and spotting. I don't spot except for the end of my period and it was dark brown in color. May 17th, it was a bit heavier of a flow but I had no cramps what so ever which is very odd for me because of endometriosis causes me great pain for the first two days. I also had not been throwing up which is typical for the past 3-4 years each cycle. Also the color was dark reddish brown in color. May 18th (today) I'm starting to spot again and its still dark reddish brown in color.

Im honestly at a loss on what to think, I'm rarely late and I was by 3 days, then the period in general seems like its ending and that would make it 3 days as well. Well, technically only about 2.5 days.

Does anyone have an idea of whats going on. similar experiences? I'm trying to hold off on spending money on a test if I really don't need to. Thank you for reading!

Maybe its implantation bleeding? I would take one more hpt test just to be sure if you really are pregnant. That happened to me. I thought it was a period but it wasn't.

How soon does implantation bleeding occur?
Understanding how long it lasts will help you figure out if your period is on its way or if you are experiencing an early pregnancy symptom. Implantation spotting is common, but not everyone experiences or notices it. Implantation bleeding typically starts 6 to 12 days after the egg has been fertilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->