Late taking my pill? Could it be?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hey all, it seems that I only remember to come back here when I have a pregnancy related question.

I've been on the pill since last October and have not had any plans to go off it due to the fact that I am also on an antidepressant. I was only going to go off the pill once the antidepressant has been successfully tapered off and I am not quite there yet and not in a hurry to be.

I've been very good with the pill and kept taking it like clockwork every month. However, this past cycle I missed 1 pill from week 2 and 1 pill from week 3. We have dtd here and there (my hubby is mostly away on a course and comes home in the weekends). I did not miss those 2 pills completely, I took them but 24 hours late. In fact it took my taking the pill the net day to realize that I've missed those days.

My period is about a week away (cycle varies from 27-29 days), the only reason I am wondering whether it would come a lot is that I've been having back cramps constantly. I do have lower pelvic cramping also but not as constant as my back ones. The lower pelvic cramps are actually quite bad and I have not experienced cramping this bad ever since I've gone on the pill. It sounds very familiar to my first pregnancy I cramped up to the day of my missed period and got my positive pregnancy test.

Is there an increased chance of pregnancy due to those late pills? I am scared of taking any pain killers or using a hot water pouch in case I am pregnant...lol. Paranoia much? Of course, I know the only way to find out is to test but it is a bit early for me to test and I feel like this week can't pass fast enough!!

I didn't read the whole post because I'm feeling lazy this morning... BUT according to my mom (who has never lied to me a day in my life) my older brother and I were both pill babies. She had forgotten to take her pill the night before so doubling up the following day and BAM! Baby. Hehehe. So it happens. On the flip side, I have had cycles where I have had to triple up (or double up multiple days) and didn't get pregnant. So it's a toss up. Unfortunately, testing this early wouldn't yield an accurate result. So all I can say is wait it out. I would keep taking the pill, but just to be on the safe side maybe not drink or smoke. BUT I am not a gyn. So take my advice with a grain of salt. Hope it all turns out how you want!

Thanks for your insights hun. I knew there was a reason I was worried about going on the pill- I couldn't trust myself to be accurate with it, LOL! I won't stop taking the pill or my other medication...and I don't drink or smoke thankfully...so all I can do is wait. I feel like this day alone is taking forever!

Yeah... the waiting stinks. When do you finish this pack?

It definitely happens. My best friend didn't restart her pack right away after her inactive pills. She thought she'd be okay because it was right after her period but nope. She popped up pregnant. I think she missed a day or two.

Thanks ladies, will definitely update. I'm so worried due to the antidepressant. I have no idea what to do about it if I do turn out to be pregnant! It just really feels like my period is about to come when it's simply too early. Cramping like it's coming tomorrow. I've also been bawling my eyes out at things I normally wouldn't. Like the lady at the bank was rude to me on the phone and normally it just wouldn't matter but instead I hung up and started crying lol.

Got several pregnancy tests already but I'm not sure when to start testing. Should I wait till I'm done with my active pills? My pack only has 2 more active ones. Or should I wait till I'm closer to the estimated start of my next cycle, which is around 6 days away? I am just so stressed!

The longer you wait the more accurate it will be. Minimum two weeks from the DTD/ missed pill

I think the chances, while not impossible, are very slim. I used to be terrible at taking the pill and nothing ever happened. My son was conceived while I was on the pill, but that was a totally different situation to missing a few here or there, he was conceived because the week after my non-pill week, I got sick with a bad stomach bug and everything was going right through me and I was vomiting a lot. I still took the pill, but it mustn't have stayed in me very long. Needless to say, we didn't dtd that week, but the following week, when I was better, we did and didn't use back up protection (I didn't even think to!). I'd effectively been off the pill for nearly two weeks and that was enough to cue ovulation. I think missing one here and there has a low risk of pregnancy (but obviously, not an impossible chance as there are those who conceive on the pill even without missing one). I hope you get the answer you want! Good luck.

Thanks for your input.

I am really not ready for pregnancy right now due to my depression and anxiety...and of course the worry of being on the medication pretty much adds to the anxiety. I want another baby so badly but I know it just isn't the right thing right now.

My "symptoms" (if I can even refer to them as that) have subsided. Or well, I did cramp quite badly earlier on but even my back cramps have gone away right now and I feel a little like my old self, less moody and sad.

At this point I really just expect my period to arrive as normal within the next 4 days. But if for any reason, my period doesn't actually start- should I still start my next pack on Sunday as normal?

honestly, I would take a home test Thursday if no period. That way you could do a blood test Friday if need be and get results before Sunday so you know for sure it is safe to start your new pack.

My preg test has been BFN so far...I think I will probably see my period arrive as normal, lol. What a weird cycle!

This is your sugar pill week, right? I would think by Friday your withdrawal bleed would have started.

I'd ring the doctor now to see if you can get a blood test (beta) done. You shouldn't start Sunday if there is a possibility of pregnancy but you also need to start if you are not.

My bleeding started today...I think it feels more like a period than anything else...

Sorry to hear that. Although I think you said you didn't want to be just yet, but if you are like me and get attached to an idea then that stinks. I am glad you got your answer and looking forward to seeing you back here when/if you are decide to ttc :)

Thanks so much sweetie!

As much as I want another baby I got really scared thinking of how my body wouldn't be mine and that after our baby boy I still didn't get my body back...and I need to be done with school and get my career back on track. But it's exactly as you said, deep in my heart I know I want another baby.

Maybe a year from now when I've (hopefully) graduated I can join the ttc/tww forums for sure.

Awww yeah I hear you. Congrats on being close to graduation!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->