late teething? reassurance from other mummys please

tinadecember

Mummy to Evie and TTC
Reaction score
Hi girls :)

just looking for some reassurance. I have an 8 and a half month old little lady and she is still showing no signs of teething.

all my friends who have babies all have at least one tooth now some being as young as 5 months.

i know its probably very very rare but im just worrying that she isnt going to get any teeth?

sorry if this sounds silly. any help greatly appreciated xx

Ur lucky hun. Eva is 8 and half months and has been teething on and off for 6 months now, really suffering, but still NO TEETH! Poor Girl!

U might just find she will just pop some thru, lots of mums keep saying to me their kids did that without any fuss what so ever grrr!! lol!

Hi hun. Omar had his 1st teeth ( 3 on the same day) 1 week after his birthday
. He still doesn't have much teeth at 16+ months. Now He has 6 teeth & 2 molars

thank you girls! i'm a bad worrier, think it's been passed from my mum haha x

My first 2 teethed late, around 8-9 months for the first tooth, I think? It's fine and actually makes for stronger teeth. They were late to loose their baby teeth, as well.

Hi hun, My lo has been teething (symptoms) since around 3/4 months but had no gums or actual sign of a tooth coming through at all then at 10 months one of the bottom ones popped though then a few weeks later the other bottom one popped through.
At 11 months now they are both only half way out and theres no sign of any more teeth for now.
Its very very rare that your baby doesnt have any teeth! One might pop through when you least expect it and you might have one of those rare dream like babies that dont get grumpy when they are teething - I hear they do exist! lol
Im sure your lo will have at least one by around their first birthday but I met a woman a few months ago who told me her 2 sons didnt have any by 18 months! They were talking a few words with their gummy little mouths - im happy to say they had all their teeth at 5 years old lol.
Dont worry xxx

Maddison's first two teeth have just cut through at just over 10 months. I also worried a bit as everyone I know's babies seemed to get their teeth relatively young but I happened to put my hand in her mouth to retrieve something last week and their was something there finally :happydance:

my lo is an early teether but my sisters second lo is the same age as your baby and still has no teeth. Her first baby was late too but now has a full mouth of teeth! They will come don't worry and here's hoping you don't get all the misery that comes with them. x

dont know if it'll help but (apparently) i didnt get any teeth til i was 18 months! i must of looked ridiculous.

My friends baby didn't start until after she was one. She is 3 now and has them all. My friend said the Doctors don't do anything until they are at least one so don't worry at all.

i had 2 late teethers george being 13 months b4 he got his 1st tooth but then its like they all came at once!! ben was about 11 months and katie was 6 months so i will be interested to see when maddie will get some? i rekon the longer they take the longer they stay :) don't worry hun x

My sister didn't get teeth til she was much older than that. Now her teeth are gorgeous, lovely and strong and she's never had a filling, if there is nothing else going on with her that you're concerned about then wait til after she's one to get her checked :flower:

My friend is a dentist and one of the babies at her practice did not get first tooth till 15months and there are no problems now!

My Lo has been teething since around 12 weeks but still hasn't got a single tooth

I still have a little gummy bear here too - and no real signs of anything on the horizon!! Do they do dentures for toddlers? :) x

Gabriel got his first tooth at 11 months. Got the second bottom tooth at 12 months. We still only have the two.

I think the general concesus is, don't worry! Ted only grew his first toother last week, and he's 9 and a half months xx

she will get them in her own time just enjoy this time with her now i remember rosalie started at 6 months and i remember feeling like i had hardly had and proper 'baby' time with her before the terrible teething :( enjoy it while u can! :D xx

Nate is 9 months and still no teeth. Im not really worried. The HV said if they don't get any by 14 months they usually send them to the dentist for an xray but she's never known of a child to just not have teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->