Latest Growth Scan :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Natalie&Karl, May 25, 2007.

1. Natalie&Karl

Natalie&Karl Well-Known Member

We had a Growth Scan on Wednesday and had bloody good news!
    Our Little Madam has grown rapidly!!! :happydance:

Since our last Growth Scan on 2nd April all her measurements are now at the average (abdominal circumference slightly lower but was told that was nothing to worry about!)

She last weighed in at an estimated 656g (1.4lbs) and on Wednesay she was estimated at 2,031g (4.4lbs)!!! So we were truly delighted! Very. very happy!!

Shame the sonographer was in a bit of a bad mood (not with us with the whole NHS system, everyone kept knocking on her door asking her to do everyone's work and she was more than pissed off. Another sonographer has just taken maternity leave and the NHS refuse to cover her leave as they are paying her SMP - what a bloody joke.)

2. Louise

Louise Proud mum to baby Nick

Thats brilliant news :)
    Just wondering, how come everyone here seems to be having growth scans? I asked my midwife about it at my last visit and she said I wont get anymore scans at all.

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

thats great news :)

bet thats put your at ease more

x

4. Natalie&Karl

Natalie&Karl Well-Known Member

The reason we had to have growth scans was because the baby's measurements were quite a bit lower than the "average" baby in her first scan. Not sure if everyone recieves the graphs which show how your baby compares to the "average" baby (?) - but our graphs showed that she was quite signifanctly smaller. But Wednesdays was our last - so next time we see her will be face-to-face!

5. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

Aww Congratulations, nice healthy weight there :hugs:

Cx

6. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:hugs: That is great! And, Not much longer now too and bubs will be here:headspin: