Laughing causing hiccups causing sick??

purple_haze

Reaction score
Whenever LO laughs he hiccups and with the hiccups he's sick, not just a little, it like pours out of his mouth after every hiccup! Is this normal? Anyone else's LO do this? He's done it ever since he first laughed, we thought he might grow out of it but he doesn't seem to be...

Everyone is scared to make him laugh now (me inclucded) to not make him sick! :nope:

Kaylum used to do this too bless him ... he grew out of it thankfully though I can't remember exactly when :dohh: about 10 months ish I think - he was definitely mobile before it stopped :thumbup: :hugs:

Aw, no, Ethan hiccups after he has been laughing but he's never been sick like that afterwards.

Poor little thing, your LO must wonder where all the fun has gone if you're avoiding making him laugh! Not that I blame you, it's not nice to have to clean up baby sick!

It might be worth seeing your doc about it, as it might be an indication that there's something up with his innards (nothing terrible, just a reflux thing or something simple like that).

Hope it improves soon!

x

All 3 of my kids were like that. The older two still,get the hiccups after a giggle spell, but no longer get sick. I don't recall how old they were when the puckish stopped. When they are older a little spoon of peanut butter stops the hiccups. :)

All 3 of my kids were like that. The older two still,get the hiccups after a giggle spell, but no longer get sick. I don't recall how old they were when the puckish stopped. When they are older a little spoon of peanut butter stops the hiccups. :)

Oooh ... I never knew that about the peanut butter! Kaylum still gets hiccups a lot (those hiccups that look really painful :( ) so I'll suggest it to Tattie :thumbup: Thank You :flower:

We just discovered this recently. :) A friend of ours gets them really bad and it happened while they were visiting. First question was..... We're do you keep the peanut butter? It's really quite amazing. Lol

Kaylum used to do this too bless him ... he grew out of it thankfully though I can't remember exactly when :dohh: about 10 months ish I think - he was definitely mobile before it stopped :thumbup: :hugs:

Thank you, that definitely gives me hope!

Aw, no, Ethan hiccups after he has been laughing but he's never been sick like that afterwards.

Poor little thing, your LO must wonder where all the fun has gone if you're avoiding making him laugh! Not that I blame you, it's not nice to have to clean up baby sick!

It might be worth seeing your doc about it, as it might be an indication that there's something up with his innards (nothing terrible, just a reflux thing or something simple like that).

Hope it improves soon!

x

We've asked doctors, HV etc because he's been quite sicky on past milks. The doctors just say all babies are sicky and theres nothing you can do about it, and they say it's not reflux because he's more than happy on his back.. :shrug: HV's just tell you to change his milk.. feels like he always on a different milk :nope:
He does have giggles still but then you feel so bad after because you know you've made him sick! :nope:

I'm holding on the hope that he will grow out of it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->