Laura Elizabeth 20-11-09

Discussion in 'Birth Stories & Announcements' started by puppycat, Dec 17, 2009.

1. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

I'm a bit late writing this but I find I don't have a lot of time for myself these days!

As you know, the week before Laura was born I had some pre-eclampsia scares and was in hospital overnight. It was arranged that I'd have a consultant appt on 19/11 at 2pm, they would decide if I could have a water birth at the MLU or if I'd have to go consultant led. I had asked if I could have a sweep also as my SPD was horrific at that point.

Well at 8am on 19/11, whilst sat on the toilet (!) my waters went! I wasn't sure at first but sure enough when I stood up it gushed! I continued to leak out all the day until my grandparents came to take me to my appt at hospital. I told the consultant my waters had gone so she checked and sure enough I soaked her office. I then went up to the MLU as she said I was fine to go there, they just sent me on my way as I'd had no contractions but they booked me in for an induction the following day just in case.

DH's mum was working on secondment at the hospital so we arranged to meet her in the cafe, it was one hell of a trek and I was in a reasonable amount of pain with my SPD. We got to the cafe and I suddenly felt very hungry so DH bought a cake to tide me over, I suddenly had an odd feeling in my tum which was building; my first contraction. OUCH! lol. I made DH take me home, via McDonalds, so I could deal with the contractions in comfort.

My first contraction was at 3.30pm, they were every 30mins to start with but after a few hours and a long hot bath, they were about 7mins. DH rang the hospital who said to call when they were 3-4mins which he did. They then said to come in, this was about 9pm. They examined me, I was only 2cm, they sent me home. I will never forget the agony of the car journey's with contractions and no waters, it was awful.

We got back home and I had a bath but when it came to getting out my contractions were so close together it took quite a while! Then I had to dress - nightmare. We went back to the hospital at about 11.30pm and I was 3cm but fully effaced. The MW said something about going home but I flat refused, just as well relly because 3 hours later Laura arrived. They were so surprised!!

I had G&A and the MW ran the water for the birthing pool as my body had started pushing. The walk from my room to the pool was difficult but once I got in the pool the water temperature made it all worthwhile, lovely. DH had to hold my G&A tube between contractions as I kept dropping it in the water! They called in an on call MW so I had 2 in with me, she was lovely and really helped me to push Laura out, even when I thought I could do it no more.

Laura was born naturally at 3.04am on November 20th at 7lb 8oz, she was placed straight on my chest and daddy cut her cord. She was covered in vernix because she was so early (37+3) but opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at mummy straight away. I checked to see what sex she was and then she was taken off me and wrapped in a towel. I had the injection for the placenta and Laura was given to daddy. I had 5 stitches in all which was more horrific than the labour! 2 of them are above and I've had nothing but trouble with them :nope: but she's sooooooo worth it! :kiss:

Attached Files:

2. sarah0108

sarah0108 Well-Known Member

congratulations x

3. MrsCrabsticke

MrsCrabsticke We are giving up.

congrats she looks so beautiful

4. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

congrats x

5. sera

sera Well-Known Member

congrats darling!

6. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

Congrats! Lovely little girl with the same name as my sister! :)

7. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

Congratulations!

8. MrsSixx

MrsSixx Yummy Mummy

Gorgeous! Congrats! :)

9. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

congratulations x

10. mazy

mazy Well-Known Member

Congrats xx