Leaking Cloth Nappies?

lindseymw

Mother of two boys
Reaction score
Wonder if someone can help with?

I mainly use Ebay Cheapies but recently they have been starting to leak around his legs. This only happens though when he's got pressure around his crotch, i.e in car seat, in Jumperoo, in his bouncy chair & they leak straight away, even if I have just put a new nappy on. I've tried different ways of fitting the nappy but nothing seems to help.

They are fine when he's rolling about the floor.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Microfibre inserts can leak when compressed so that sounds like what's happening. I would try some natural fibre inserts - cotton, bamboo or hemp. Put one natural fibre insert under one microfibre one and that should help. You could try it out with a cotton facecloth or something if you don't want to spend.

It's also worth strip washing if you haven't recently.

Microfibre inserts can leak when compressed so that sounds like what's happening. I would try some natural fibre inserts - cotton, bamboo or hemp. Put one natural fibre insert under one microfibre one and that should help. You could try it out with a cotton facecloth or something if you don't want to spend.

It's also worth strip washing if you haven't recently.

Thanks! I'll look at getting some hemp boosters, saw some on ebay yesterday actually.

I put them all in for a strip wash last night anyway, I try & do one once a month or so when I remember!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"