Leaking Nipples at 22 weeks!!?? TMI, lol

Jolene

Reaction score
I noticed a hard crusty layer in my bra where my nips would be. When I squeezed my boobs, a clear liquid leaks out which I am assuming is colostrum?? But surely it's too early? I didn't have this with my son - I don't think. And if it's starting now already, how bad will it be by the time baby is born? Would I need to start wearing breast pads, lol?

And just one more question, if it's colostrum now already will there still be colostrum when baby is born as that is supposed to be so important for baby's first feed.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but for some reason it's really concerning me.

I ve had the same since 16 weeks, its totally fine, its not colostrum ( i had the same worry) my midwife described it as "secretions" the colostrum is sparked by a flood of chemicals when you give birth. mine is always worst at night, i think i must squash my boobs in my sleep or something! It is getting a bit worse now, I am nearly 27 weeks, but i have never leaked a significant amount during the day - only enough to make my nipples go crusty - nice

I noticed a hard crusty layer in my bra where my nips would be. When I squeezed my boobs, a clear liquid leaks out which I am assuming is colostrum?? But surely it's too early? I didn't have this with my son - I don't think. And if it's starting now already, how bad will it be by the time baby is born? Would I need to start wearing breast pads, lol?

And just one more question, if it's colostrum now already will there still be colostrum when baby is born as that is supposed to be so important for baby's first feed.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but for some reason it's really concerning me.

Sorry I don't have the answers, but sympathy. I was quite shocked when I noticed I was leaking last night as well. I called my mum and she said it was normal, albeit a bit early. I'm concerned about the colostrum as well. Please share any of your findings, and I'll do the same! good luck!

For some odd reason I've been able to always produce a dribble - even though my son was born 12 yrs ago...

I've been leaking since about 15/16wks too - keep waking up and finding stains on my sheets and I know for certain it isn't :sex: hahaha!!!

I have had it since being 10 weeks so I am guessing it is pretty normal :) It is colostrum but you will continue to produce that right up until baby is born and then within a day or so it changes to milk x

i feel left out lol i havent had any of this??! is it normal NOT to?? XX

Destinyfaith, I don't recall having this with my son and spoke to my SIL who said she didn't have it with either of her kids but said she has heard of it happening.

Thanks everyone, it has really put my mind at ease.

Josmithers, I like the way your midwife explained it. I was so worried about the colostrum running out, lol. Told my DH I'm going to catch it in a bottle and save it for the baby :haha: of course I was kidding!

i had a mini flood from my left boob last night, it was great! i was scared at first, didn't wanna look incase it was blood haha

I've had this once! Someone said coloustrum was a dark milky color not clear? Oh I am confused!

leaking early is normal, ok, not all women have it, but it is. with my daughter, her father happily stood and laughed at me because i had leaked, the sod, was in shock, lol.
i used to say it was your boobs in training, lol, proving that they work.
i used to leak something terrible with both of mine, and eventually it did get to the point of a nipple pad in the bra. but when my babies came, trust me, what i leaked was nothing in comparison! you get alot more and more that is produced every day.
you will have plenty to feed baby.

I didn't experience any leakng when I was pregnant with our DD- infact my boobs didn't change much at all until she was born and I started BFing...

this time my boobs have nearly doubled in size already and are leaking the same clear fluid. MW says it's perfectly normal and especially common in second and subsequent pregnancies.

It's a good idea to grab some breast pads to keep at home (and a couple in your hand bag) just in case :)

lol, myk's mummy, imagine standing in the supermarket unaware of two round wet rings on your boobs :haha: And this time round my boobs haven't got any bigger :(

Tx Franki, men?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->