Leaking water...advice please =)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by jenniferannex, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

im 38 weeks gone on friday and for the past couple of days when ive been the the toilet, dont mean to sound disgusting, but ive notcied my knickers are very wet, but not with pee, as it doesnt smell of anything, basically just like water. sometimes i feel pressure and then theres some more. ive read up that it can be your waters breaking slowly, but i have'nt had any pains or contractions. im seeing the midwife tomorrow so will ask her then but just wondering if anyone has any advice and if anybody has had the same problem? thanks. :flower:

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Waters can gush, but they can also leak out slowly for ages. A friend of mine waddled around with maternity pads in for 3 days before labour started properly for her.

It's important to note if there's any meconium in the waters - if there is, tell the midwife straight away as it can be a sign of foetal distress. Also, the midwife should be able to tell if it's fore or hind waters :)

Finally, remember they can reseal themselves, esp if LO shifts and plugs the gap, so to speak.

3. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

If it doesnt smell and is clear it could be a slow leak of amniotic fluid, I would def tell your mw, she might wanna see your pad. If it is then prob send you to hosp for a checkup to make sure its ok, if they gush at all then u shud ring triage x

4. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

just thought i would get back to you all! midwife has told me to monitor my pad today cos if it gets any worse i will need to get checked at the hospital! she also found blood in my urine which could be 'the show' she thinks i wont last another week it could be any day now! so excited as she thinks it could be the start of things! the only thing is i have high blood pressure, she said it could be normal if you are going into labour but to keep an eye out as it could also be pre-elclampsia, buut other than that everythings good, babies growing as she should,and heartbeat was strong.