Leaking waters, infection or normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Sonnenshein_, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Sonnenshein_

Sonnenshein_ instagram-elevenjuneseven

I'm fairly certain that it's probably just completely normal since you get an increased discharge around this point in pregnancy, but I thought I'd just check on other ladies opinions since I can't even ask my own midwife (I've called about a couple of things in the past three weeks and they've basically told me to stop being dramatic because they assume since I have an anxiety disorder, I'm not to be taken seriously) - so I now feel like I just shouldn't bother them unless I'm 100% sure on something.

For a few days now I've been noticing some leaking throughout the day. I've just yesterday had to start wearing liners as if I went out for a walk, I'd end p with some rather uncomfortable leakage. I've also noticed it a lot if I bend down to pick something up and stand back up again. This morning I changed my pad around 10am and about two hours later it was basically entirely soaked. It seemed very watery and quite sweet smelling, but also with a little colour to it which I'm pretty sure waters don't have? I don't remember my waters breaking in my first pregnancy as they went while I was in the birthing pool with lots of gas and air!! :thumbup:

I've been very crampy the past couple of days and am also awaiting test results back for OC. Today I haven't felt very much fetal movement, certainly nothing compared to what he's usually like, but when I called my midwife for advice last time I was told as long as there's some movement they don't worry about the whole ten kicks in an hour thing, apparently that stopped recently. I hate the feeling that something isn't quite right - but also can't just go up to hospital to get checked out because of how they're being with me and the hospital is also two hours away.

Any advice, ladies? I'm so fed up :dohh:

2. kelloggs

kelloggs PAL

I think I'd be heading to L&D myself for reassurance. How rude of your midwives! Good luck lovely xxx

3. Sonnenshein_

That's what I'd like to do, but I've called and they've basically told me that I can't :blush:

4. mummysarah

mummysarah Well-Known Member

Theyve told you you cant get checked out? Your midwives should be supportive and reassuring not telling you not to fuss! Id go anyway. Goodluck xx

5. Sonnenshein_

You wouldn't believe the so called professionals I've bumped into at MPH, but at the same time some of them have been wonderful and my midwife that does my HV's is amazing; she's been with me through both pregnancies and I couldn't have asked for a better midwife. The bad eggs always stand out more I suppose, but there shouldn't be any negativity, you're trusting these people to take care of you not judge you and make you feel bad.

She basically told me that I need to stop looking too much into things and that I'm putting things in my own head, but I can ''come up if I want to but they're very busy with women that have actual complications and concerns' :wacko: they treat me like a child because of my mental illnesses and even made a joke of me just after I'd given birth to DD back in September last year, infront of all the other women on the ward! they were also supposed to call me as soon as my results came back from my liver function test and only just found out that they're already back when I called them.

I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday though so at least someone will listen to me then!

6. mummysarah

mummysarah Well-Known Member

Thats so unprofessional! Sid what they say and just go. I know you said you hsve sn anxiety disorder but if theres something worrying you then you should be seen. If it is yoyr waters then thursday is too far away for you to wait. Glad you have a good midwife you trust. Can you not speak to her? Where abouts are you? Sorry for all the questions x

*excuse the spelling!