leaking waters?

Becca_89

Reaction score
Hi,
I feel like im always posting question, but its so hard being responsible for this little life for the first time!

So im 32 weeks 5 days. Yesterday I went swimming at 12pm. Everything was fine as usual, didnt do breast stroke due to SPD so just front crawl.
At 5pm i went to the toilet and ( had been a few times before) at
5pm i had quite a large patch of water in my pants.
I changed them to monitor, then at about 8pm i had another smaller patch of water (had been going to the toilet inbetween)

So overnight i dont think i had anything but went to the toilet 3 times as usual, and then this morning within an hour of being up iv had a small patch again.

Has anyone had leaking fluids before and does it sound the same?

This has never happened following swimming before, i have been swimming for years. Is it just my body is changing?

TIA xx

I'm not sure but it wouldn't hurt to call your doctor. They can check to see if it's amniotic fluid

I would call your doctor. With my last pregnancy my waters broke in the middle of the night. When you lay down the water will pool and as soon as you stand up there will be a small gush. The doctor can do a really quick non invasive test to see if it is amniotic fluid or discharge.

So i gave the midwife team a call, they told me to call the antinatal clinic- who said to me the wet patches are normal in pregnancy and to call back if it is trickling down my leg or i can't stop weeing.

Im not totally convinced by her answer, but i will continue to monitor it, as the wet patch most recently was only the size of a £2 coin.
If it becomes worse i will demand a check up!

I'm surprised by that b cuz I know they say if u like put on a pad or two and they are wet tocall (knowing u didn't pee). Keep a close eye on it and good luck

I've noticed this usually happens to me after I am in the bathtub. It might be nothing, but you can get a quick swab test done to be sure if you are concerned.

I know im quite surprised too. If it carries on i will call again and explain im worried. I do hope its from the pool, but can't help but be worried x

I have just started hydro for spd and i get this afterwards im thinking its from the pool .

I found out today that I have excess amniotic fluid. They told me that if I leak at all to lie down immediately and call the hospital. So, that was in connection to my having the extra fluid, but that's just what I was told about leaking in my particular case. They seemed very concerned about if that were to happen to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->