Leaky boobies

JaniceT

Mum to a gorgeous boy.
Reaction score
Just a quick question...

I've been BFing since LO was born. Leaking since week 2.
When will my boobs stop leaking? Been going through so many clothes and pyjamas, it's getting crazy! At night I normally wear pyjamas but now have to also wear a sleep bra with boobie pads to avoid waking up soaked in breastmilk.

My lo is 5 months and I still get it, so I think it varies person to person.

i'm still leaking and iv'e been bf for 4 months ;) xxx it well get slightly less or once your milk regulates you might not leak :) x

I've been leaking since my milk came in, so about 7 weeks now. I've had to wear a bra and pads 24/7 and I hate it. Tried the washable pads too but they were worse than disposables for me. I think it's different for everyone, but hopefully we both won't have leaky boobs all the way through breastfeeding.

I've always completely stopped wearing breastpads at about 3-4 months and the leaking got a lot better a while before that. It's different for everyone though. :)

Thanks! I tried the washable breast pads too but they are so thick and uncomfortable. Have been using various brands of disposables but the edges make me itch. Really hope it'll get better soon.

johnsons baby one's are sooooooooo comfy :) lansinoh are great for catching the milk :) i also found the washable ones crap :( night time i still have to wear a bra but i got special night feeding ones so there a lot more comfy :) xxx

i stopped leaking at nine weeks, it sounds like nothing now but it felt like forever. i liked the lansinoh breastpads too. Also this might sound a bit weird but i found if i put pressure on my nipples then they didnt leak so if my bra was a bit tight i didnt leak

I've not heard of lansinoh but will try looking around for them over here. Putting pressure on my nipples don't stop the leak because I have milk coming out of my areola too :(

The really annoying thing is I can't find locally made nursing bras in size DD or larger. My boobs are squeezed into D cup bras and they feel absolutely squished and going to blow up. Gonna try find some at mothercare this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->