Leaky boobs and breast pads..!

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
So two questions really...

Firstly, my boobs are randomly leaking now! I first realised they leaked around 24 weeks when I did the inverted nipple test. Now they leak of their own accord and it's happening more and more. The times I've noticed most have been when I'm aroused or when I've been thinking about the baby or looking at baby stuff online.

Does anyone know if this means my milk will come in easier? Was just wondering as I'm being induced 3 weeks early and so worried my milk won't come in.

Also, today I decided to try breast pads so as to avoid any random leaks at college but they looked absolutely ridiculous! They didn't mould to my shape or anything, just sat like two tax discs in the my bra!! I have the washable ones from Avent. Do they always look this stupid?

whats the inverted nipple test???

It's when you clasp your nipple between your forefinger and thumb (if I remember correctly) about a cm either side of the areola. It's to check you don't have flat/inverted nipples which could hinder breastfeeding.

The washable ones were a bit like flying saucers so I got disposables! I have been leaking since 22 weeks ish (I'm 37 weeks today) and have tried a couple of brands but like the tommee tippee ones which have been half price in tesco but are not reduced in asda!

Faerie, don't worry about breastfeeding. as soon as the baby is out you're gonna be ready. it may take a day or two specially because you may not be able to attach him as soon as he is born but if you pump right from the start every 3 hours you'll have no problem at all. Happened to me (first one went to NICU when he was born) and by day 4 I was producing 400ml every time I pumped.

For me the best breast pads are the disposable ones from Mothercare. They were very confortable but I thin it's a matter of taste and breast shape :)

i know what you mean about the breast pads!! i wore them earlier this week to work to avoid any embarrassment but the shape of them is awful!!! ihave given up already but i'm not leaking too much and haven't had it during the day yet, its mainly at night and stains my PJ top. xx

I leaked with zac and I had lots of breast milk - I only fed him with the boob until he was 6 months so im sure its a good sign. Im also getting leaky boobs and eww crusty ones hahahaha. So the colostrum is there, I know u will really wanna breastfeed but just go with the flo hun, your body will know what to do.
I recommended the tommee tippee breast pads, they are comfy, and they stick in ur bra so they dont move around, they were on offer in tesco not sure if they still are.
I know they are not so eco friendly but might be a good idea for now and rememember ur boobs will get huge so keep the ones u have they might not stay like flying saucers! xx

ive actually been using boots superdrug's own brand of disposable ones. they seem to be fine for me personally.
MAybe you just need to switch to a disposable one??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->