• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

leaving baby overnight??

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
hi all

just wondering how old your LO was when you left them over night? me and my husband have a party to go to at the weekend and his Mum is coming to ours to look after DD and we will come homearound 12 ish but my husband is saying let her stay over at his Mums but i get really upset at the thought of coming home and her not being here! i never thought i would be sooo soft i want her to get used to stopping out i dont want her to be clingy and i want me and hubby to have a night to ourself but just cant bring myself to do it!!

our DD is 12 weeks do you think this is too young? have you any advice on what would make her stopping out easier and does it get better the more they stop out?

xx

If you don't feel ready then you don't feel ready. You shouldn't force yourself.

My LO is the same age. We've been for various nights out and it is lovely to see her all tucked up in bed when we get home. I'd be ok leaving her overnight (I think!) though she's nowhere near sleeping through yet and I don't think it's fair on my mum to have to be up all night with her.

I've only left Sophie once overnight, she was 8 months. We were away overnight and my mum stopped at ours with her, so it wasnt too bad.

Its my b'day at the beginning of March and hubby has booked a nice meal for us etc, and has suggested Sophie staying at his mums - I have agreed, but feel a bit sick about it already :(

In a way, I wish I had done it sooner, it made it a bit worse for me now.

It's totally up to you as to when you think it's ok and when you feel comfortable.

Leni is nearly 6 months and i still haven't.

If you aren't ready then you're going to be miserable. Can she stay the night at your house instead? 12 weeks is super young still.

if your not sure then your most probably not ready. Chloes 11wks and I couldn't imagine leaving her over night any time soon

My LO was about 6 weeks old when he went to grandma's overnight, and he's been staying there overnight once every 3 weeks (approx) ever since. I love those 'nights off', and I never felt funny about doing it. If I did, I probably wouldnt have. Do what is feel is best for yourself hun, happy mummy=happy baby in this situation I guess xx

My baby was 4 weeks when he stayed overnight with my dad and sister, didnt have much choice though was really ill had a fever etc and couldn't get out of bed. Wasn't nice being away from him but it made me realise that I am ok being away from him from time to time, I dont plan to leave him overnight again for quite some time, but I do feel alot more comfortable leaving him with either my sister or his daddy.

Baby should stay at home with you over night until you feel comfortable leaving them. Some people are happy to leave LO over night with someone they trust very early on, others want to wait until the baby is much much older. Just go with what feels right to you.

My LO is 10.5 months and I still haven't left her after dark and definatley not over night. The only situation I can think of leaving her overnight is when I'm in labour with #2.

LO is three months and still have not (apart from when he was in SCBU) xx

My LO is 5 months old, and he's not stayed out overnight yet. Intact, my DH and I have only been out once since he was born. That was for a curry, just before Xmas. MIL came to ours to look after him, but I put him to bed before we went out, and we were home by 10pm... I think I need to leave him again soon, or I'm gonna struggle when I go back to work and he goes to nursery!!!
xx

This last weekend was the first time we had Megan overnight w/ her grandparents. She is almost 14months old. My parents came here to our house though - so Megan had her usual routine & crib, etc. Megan didnt do so well w/ settling for others at an early age so then we didnt feel comfortable leaving her til now. It was still hard on me!

She did great though!

Around 11 weeks, she stayed at my mums, and then again a few weeks later. Now though, she stays at ours and my mum comes round to babysit as she gets really upset when we leave her now. :flower:

Dont do it if your not ready :flower:

I want to try and leave Izzie at a reasonably young age with my mum so it doesn't become a massive thing for me. We went out for 2 hours on Saturday night and that was the first time we had left her and she slept the night in my mum and dads room so me and hubby could get a full nights sleep. We did stay at my mums though as I wasn't ready not to be there if she didn't settle. She was fine though and the sleep was really great :) x

If your not ready for it then dont do it hun

River has never slept overnight anywhere and honestly i dont see her needing to for a good few years, just dont see the need really.

We've never left our LOs overnight. I still dont feel ready and i dont think i will for a while yet.

Do what you feel is right for you

We still didnt leave him overnight. He settles fine with my mum as she lives with us since he was 7.5 months, but I'm still not ready. xx

I've not left her yet, I miss her just going out for a few hours but I exclusively breastfeed so I always worry she'll be hungry and not take a bottle so I might be different if I was ffing. Either way if you force yourself to go out when you don't feel ready you won't enjoy it while your out, with time you'll feel more comfortable and you can stay away whenever you feel like and actually have a nice time without worrying or feeling guilty :flower: xxx

I've still not left my LO overnight and he's almost 11 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"