leaving work while pregnant!

sw2129

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone might be able to help i will try and explain best i can!

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant (25 on monday) i am having a c section on the 8th december so that is only 14 weeks away. i know that you cant start mat leave untill 11 weeks before the baby is born/due. I am also currently on sick leave because im so tired all the time (runs out monday)

I really dont want to go back to work and dont want to ask the doctor if i can have another sick note just in case they think i am faking it!! I know i only 4 weeks max left before i can leave but i'm not happy doing the job as its hard work!! I have also been told i may not get pay from them because i dont work enough hours!!

if i leave my job next week will i be entittiled to any pay from the job centre because i have worked for the past year!!

I hope this makes sence and if anyone can help me or needs more info to help me i would be so grateful!!! Thanks

You should be entitled to maternity allowance as long as you have worked 26 weeks out of the last 66 ( i think its that) but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to start receiving that until you are 29 weeks as well. If you do want to go for maternity allowance I would say apply as soon as you can as mine took so long to come through I thought it was never coming xx

Hi hun not sure if you read my post in this section, but I felt I had no choice but to leave my job because of health reasons even though I didnt have a letter off Gp Im quite sure I could of got one if asked. But anyway when I went to job centre was told I would have to go on job seekers until Im 29 wks so I said yeah thats fine when they was doing claim however because I left voluntarily and was not made redundant they said I may not be able to get job seekers. I had to write down why I left my job and why I didnt look for another job before I left etc. They said my employer would get this form and would see what I had put and they would have to say if this was correct and then a decision would be made to see if my reason was good enough!! Fortunately a month later I found out It had been accepted. So try and get a note off your doctor and claim mat allowance just incase be easier then going through job centre and having to make claim's, its not as straight forward as you think.

Thanks i have an appointment tomorrow with my gp so i'll ask her then!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"