Leeds and Surrounding areas

Trixiebell

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm from Morley, I have lived here for nearly 5 years and don't know many people. I am looking for new local friends, I have a small circle of friends, most who are single and carefree but now I am married and wanting to start a family I find that I that i don't have much in common with them anymore if that makes sense.

Anyone from Leeds?

Hello! I live in Woodhouse and I hope you don't mind if I post this Leeds-related ad for people to take part in my dissertation research :) I'm a third-year student at Leeds Uni and also due 26th Nov!

Are you due to give birth between November 2012 - February 2013?
Would you like your baby to feature in an academic study on Musical Behaviour?

I am a (pregnant!) third-year Music student at the University of Leeds and need volunteers to participate in research for my dissertation project. Taking part will involve playing your baby particular music extracts each day for ONE WEEK during the latter stages of your pregnancy, recording the results you find and simply meeting me with your little one after birth for a one-off follow-up conversation!

You will have the option to take part anonymously or have your name (and your baby's!) included in the final version. I will of course provide you with your own copy should you wish to have one as a keepsake, alongside a detailed account of your baby's partaking in the study.

This is a great opportunity to observe your baby's reactions to music, connect with them and receive a unique keepsake in the report following the study. I would also be very grateful - you'd be helping another soon-to-be mum out a great deal!

If you are interested or have any questions at all please contact me (Amy Garry): 07540345687 as soon as possible and I will be more than happy to chat to you about taking part.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

I'm not in Leeds at the moment but I did live there for 23 years. My parents still live in Leeds so I go back about once a week/fortnight to visit :)

I thought there was a lot more people from Leeds on here than this :shock:

I thought so too, whenever I'm talking in the other threads there seems to be people from Leeds popping up.

Hopefully they will all bump into this thread now there has been some action on it :haha:

Hehe. We are great thank you hun, he's growing up so quick! :( How are you chick?

Hi girls. I am a Leeds gal and have been all my life and used to go to Morley High (Morle Academy as it is now).

I currently live in Beeston and am WTT due to needing to lose a lot of weight. Were abouts in Morely do you live Trixie?

yay a leeds thread!. im sarah, im married, 25 and i have a son who is 13 months old :). im up for meeting new mummys and friends!
trixie im in morley too :D.

Mrs__X - Hiya hun :hi:

We definetly need to all arrange a meetup! Would be lovely to make some Mummy friends :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->