leep procedure and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by hay246, Apr 5, 2011.

1. hay246

hay246 Loving being a mummy :)

hi girls

was just wondering if anyone has had problems getting pregnant after having leep (lletz) i've now had two, and have heard that it can weaken cervix etc especially the more u have them.

hoping that i get the all clear this time though! came back within 6 months so had to have it again. so annoying. trying again now after a months break. hoping i'm in my fertile time now, and hoping for my soon.

just wanted to hear others experiences.

thanks in advance :flower: x

2. Floralaura

Floralaura Well-Known Member

Hi, I had this done (cone biopsy mine was described as but I think its the same thing?) In late 2007. I had CIN3 and in a large area so they took a lot during the procedure (all then thankfully came back normally).
    I then got pregnant with DS2 in April 2009..I was worried about the possibility of a weakened cervix and going into labour too early. The consultants etc were not overly concerned though..and as it turned out I went to full term with a 10lb 3oz Baby so defo have no weak cervix if it can hold that in lol. I did have some stalling during labour and got 'stuck' at 3cm for a awfully long time and was telling them all I was broken and it was cause my cervix was damaged. I did eventually go past 3cm and then shoot to 10cm quickly..this was a induced labour due to GD though so dont know if it was that but when I googled this getting stuck can be because of having cervical treatment and having cervical scars that need to tear whilst dialting.
    When you have a booking in the MW will ask medical history, make sure you let them know you have had cervical treatments..so they can keep a eye on you and refer to a consultant if they feel its needed.
    Hope your results come back normal and that you get your BFP soon and all goes well..x

3. hay246

thanks for ur response, very helpful.. see you're on north wales coast too.. where abouts?

4. Floralaura

Floralaura Well-Known Member

Also I meant to say we TTC for 14mths but the month we got the clearblue fertility monitor we got our BFP so think we had been DTD at the wrong time lol.
    I am near Rhyl, what about you? x

5. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

I had one and had no problems going to term with my DD and got pregnant fairly easily.

6. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

I had a Lletz in 2003 and am now pregnant with our third. Good luck

7. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

I had one in feb 2009 and was told to wait 6 months before TTC to give myself time to heal so waited 6 months and got pregnant first month trying. I am now 31 weeks and so far no problems at all.

8. hay246

thanks everyone.. i'm near barmouth floralaura :)

9. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

Just to echo what's been said, had two leep procedures too, no probs conceiving my lo or this one. No probs carrying number 1 to term either. I will say the same as one of the other ladies said, I went into labour naturally and although contractions were text book, my cervix was slow to dilate. However no intervention needed as my cervix caught up quickly! They believe it was possibly scar tissue making dilation unpredictable. Had understanding midwife at labour who allowed it all to progress in it's own tine.

Xxx

10. Rheaz

Rheaz Well-Known Member

Hey ladies
    I know so many ladies with tragic IC stories and of course, having had the Lletz in 2009 I am pretty scared this could happen to me too.
    I just feel like I read/hear all the bad bad bad stuff, so this is a nice thread as you came through even after Lletz/LEEPS!
    I hope so hard I can do the same!
    I am SO scared though!
    :-(
    xx

11. vbaby3

vbaby3 Well-Known Member

Hi there,I had leep done last June and got pregnant 6 wks later!
    It was for cin 3,my consultant knew I was waiting to ttc for a yr because of the bad smears,so gave me the go ahead to ttc 2 cycles after the procedure.
    I got pregnant 1st attempt,and I'm due my baby girl in 12 days!!!
    They didn't seem worried about a weak cervix,He said it could mean a slightly early delivery at about 36/37 wks but I'm still very much pregnant now and 38+.
    I will have to go for colposcopy 3 months after I give birth,fingers crossed nothing has returned during my pregnancy.Good luck.x

12. hay246

i think its always the way, bad things are always found because people tend not to write unless they have a problem! just make sure your midwife is aware. good luck :)

x

13. hay246

good luck vbaby thats great news :) so exciting i cant wait to be pregnant! :D