Left over hcg?

nik25

Reaction score
So to try and make a long story short, after several years of ttc we got pregnant and had our baby girl (she will be 2 in Sept.) we decided to try again when she was 6 months, and 5 months later I got pregnant. Our son is 2 months old and it occurred to me the other day that I hadn't gotten my period back yet. Sorry tmi but we did have sex and used a condom. I really don't think I have too much to worry about but I took a test to be sure. There is a line but being that these Test are crappy (all they had left were these) I think it might just be me seeing things since I have been used to "searching" for a line.. Lol I would love another baby (preferably in a few years from now) but would be terrified since I had both of my children csection and am scared of a rupture. Do you ladies think this could just be left over hcg? Or do you even see a line? image.jpg

Hmm I don't think you have anything to worry about hun. If like you said you and your partner had sex with a condom as long as your sure it didn't spilt I think your ok. Try another test in a week or something to see, maybe something other than blue dye one.

I don't see a line but know cameras don't often pick them up well. maybe test again in couple of days?

I see something faint but i don't trust blue dyes.i'm reading online that hcg can stay in your system up to 6-8 weeks, but not sure how accurate that is. Your best best is to test again and see if it gets darker in a day or two. I'd bet it's negative, though...keep us posted :)

Eta another source i just saw said no more than 3-4 weeks after birth. Either way, try a frer or test with the blue dye again :)

Thanks ladies! I love this board! I'm also on WTE amd they can be pretty mean over there! Ive been on here for about 9 years!:) I'm sure I'm worrying for no reason. There were 3 tests in the pack so I took another to see if anything showed on it and there's still a line. I bet it's just left over hcg. Although, we did use a condom- we didn't start with one sorry tmi... But that's why I'm a little nervous. I dont want to start my bc pills until I get my period. Ill retest Monday with a FRER. Here's the new test btw
image.jpg

I'd retest, but I wouldn't worry! Best of luck :thumbup:

That newer one looks negative to me. The odds are pretty good that you are not going to have irish twins ;) my hubs and i exclusively use pull out and have never had an "oopsy" (we had our son the month he intentionally did not pull out). If he had a condom and it didn't break, i bet you're fine :)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"