leg cramps

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by augustbaby09, Apr 15, 2009.

1. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

This morning i woke up with terrible pain in my right calf i was almost in tears.It tightend up so much and after few mins did ease up and release. Although its still bit sore now.

I know they are common in pregnancy arent they..? Anyone else know what can help.I am dreading another as i find it sooo painful :cry:

2. amslou

amslou TTC No2

apparently stopping drinking fizzy drinks if you drink them, drinking more water and milk. I find that if i stand on the leg in question and hop a bit it goes away fairly quickly.

3. augustbaby09

Iam a bit of a coke' aholic! lol However lately ive been trying to cut it out and stick to water and juice. So perhaps if i keep it up it will mean i shouldn't get them too badly.

I hate the cramps but as long as its nothing too serious im fine. :)

4. amslou

amslou TTC No2

Nah I found that when i bought fizzy drinks in and was drinking them in the day at work as well i had them regularly. i havent had any for 2 weeks or so and i havent had any cramps either.

5. elly75

elly75 Guest

I heard the same thing about fizzy drinks so been trying to cut down.

Whenever it's hurting, have you tried gently massaging it if you can? I don't know if that'll help.

6. ZubZub

ZubZub Well-Known Member

Cramps can be a magnesium shortage. Are you taking mineral supplements? Check with the pharmacy how much you can take though.

7. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

I had this a few weeks ago and i got told to drink more milk and eat banannas, luckly i've had a craving for milk at the moment and it seems to have gone away :)

8. LousMom

LousMom Mommy of 2 princesses

If it continues and you also have tingling and numbness it could be a blood clot and you should go to see your doc... this happened to my cousin. Hope it turns up to be fizzy drinks :)

9. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

My mw suggested, bananas, milk, more water and a short walk everyday

xx

10. lissagayle

lissagayle Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing that bananas are supposed to help out a lot. I havent had this symptom yet and its one that I do not want either. Hope you find something that will stop them!!

11. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I get them too, ouch!! When you get a cramp, bring your toes towards you (as if pointing towards your head) and they go really quickly - the hard part is being brave enough to move your foot when it stings like hell. With my last pregnancy I got them in both legs a few times a night.. ouch!

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

if you get them in bed, sometimes you'll just need to hop out and walk a little. Thats the only way I can stop it- and like Tilly said- flex your foot towards you. I've been getting them really bad the past 2 weeks and now my calf muscle is still sore from a really bad one last night. I've heard doing stretches will help too.

13. augustbaby09

Thanks for all your tips everyone ill deff try the massaging , bananas , milk , stop fizzy drinks etc. Its bit sore still but not tingly so i dont think its a blood clot... hope not anyways!! :)

14. Clare Bear

Clare Bear 2 Daughter's 1 Baby boy x

The last two nights i've woken up with Leg pains it's really horrible it's been the leg i haven't been laying on that hurts then i turn over and i wake up hours later with the other one hurting! :cry:

I always drink milk and eat nanna's and walk daily with the Dog.
    I was going to see doc but round my area there like trying to see Santa lol
    I'm going to try the stretching if it happens tonight!

Clare x