leg cramps

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Anyone else get these? I am fine during he day its just at night lay in bed and get shooting cramps in my legs is this normal? any advice on how to ease - cats getting seriously annoyed with me kicking them off end of bed!

I suffer wth cramps quite often, after looking into it I have found that salt can cause them in the first place, milk can help keep it away, its possibly something to do with a lack of calcium, so I try and drink a pint of milk a day to keep it away, I also try and keep my feet as warm as I can as I know the cold causes my cramp too.......During pregnancy my dr has told me to go for a mild walk early evening, this to get the blood circulating before you go to bed and hopefully will stop the cramp happening, that never worked for me, but I have found that the milk works for me though......There is a sit eon the net that my oh found, it has a few different things to do when you get cramp, like putting you feet up as high as you can with your legs straight and massaging your top lip or something, cant remember now, cant remember the site either......Def try the milk and see if that works for and try and cut out the amount of salt you have too......Hope this has been of some help for you hun, also if it does get bad, get a hot water bottle and ut your feet on it, this helps mine to go sometimes......

Yeah I get them too, especially in my Right leg. It's started happening during the day aswell this week.

Will try the milk at end of day although do drink quite a lot already.

As for salt don't use. I know it is in some foods but majority of stuff i cook from scratch and salt nothing so assuming can't be that.

Will maybe try the walk just last thing i feel like doing at end of day!

Glad i am not alone :flower:

Leg cramps are usually associated with magnesium. As magnesium also helps with calcium being absorbed in your system they go hand-in-hand. It is a good idea to try and get twice the amount of magnesium as calcium in your diet and considoring it comes more consentrated it isn't that hard. Try add more brocolli to your diet or if you don't enjoy that (hehe) search other food that contain magnesium.

if it's a tingling pain you can bend your knee slightly and point your toes towards your head. then rub the spot. It does work. my ob told me this and it works. otherwise i was kicking everything trying to get it to stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->