• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

leg pain/ache at night?

ProudMum

Reaction score
Im getting horrible leg pain during the night.. I cant sleep with my legs out straight so generally im curled up like a fetus.. anyway Im getting horrible pains in my lower legs, around my knee and thigh.

Is this normal? only at night usually.. its not cramp its more discomfort

Yep its normal.i sleep with pillows inbetween and at the side of my legs x

Yeah I get it terribly some nights, think more when I have beendoing a lot of walking!

Its quite common. I also get it. But infrequently. It may help you if u keep yourself hydrated by having 2 to 3 glasses of water an hour before you sleep. Also, magnesium supplement might work. Try coconut water too in the evening. Rotate your ankles and stretch calf muscles.

I have this most of the day too. It's like the growing pains you get when you're little. I agree with Nue, magnesium is known to help so I went out and bought some Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds...wish they tasted more like chocolate so I could bring myself to eat them, hehe x

Mmmm get some brazil nuts coated in chocolate!! I get terrible calf cramps at night that wake me up, is this due to the same thing?

Yep totally normal, and I hate to say it but its got worse the last few weeks as my due date approaches (friday!) X

I get them too. Make OH give me daily leg massages. It's gotten better though since I just started Mat. Leave. The pain was awful every night when I was coming home from work.

Yeah it's normal, I've woken a few times in agony with muscle cramps :( I've read on numerous sites/magazines that eating a banana before bed is supposed to help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"