Leg pain and swollen leg :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by broody_mama, Dec 21, 2009.

1. broody_mama

broody_mama Well-Known Member

My left leg is swollen and painful, plus keep getting pins and needles :sad1:

Am just worried because of my history of blood clots, and have been warned that even though I'm on anti-coagulants I have a 5% chance of getting another one while pregnant :(

2. katieeandbump

katieeandbump Well-Known Member

hi hun id deffo ring the hospital or get urself up to hospital it may be nothing and i know ur worried but if u have a history of clots then u know u should do something incase it is! dont want to scare you but if u think it is a clot if u have had one before u should no if its the same symtoms? good luck and do update us! hopefully its just a typical pregnancy thing or uve just hurt ur leg somehow! i had this a couple years back not being pregnant and my leg and knee swollen up and went really hot and red..turned out i twisted my leg? diddnt even remember duing it lol good luck xxx

3. broody_mama

Have called NHSdirect, they are referring me to out of hours docs...got to wait for one of them to call me back...could be up to an hour!

4. katieeandbump

good luck hope everythings ok xxx

5. broody_mama

Well Out of hours called back, they have given me an appointment to come in at 9 tonight, only they wont send me transport to get to the hospital...i have to either taxi it or drive myself. I have JUST moved to the area and dont know anyone to drive me there and I am so pissed at the lady on the phone because she was so rude to me!

She was really sarcastic in the way she spoke to me and it's like, I was referred to you by NHS direct...don't get pissy with me for you having to do your job.

6. katieeandbump

what a bitch!! if u dont have transport they should deffo send someone to get u!! silly people! if u dont know the area wel id probs say get a taxi but i dont know if it will cost loads?? im thinking ur probs there right now so i hope ur ok! <3 xxx

7. broody_mama

Taxi was 9.50 there, same back...the driver was GORGEOUS though so it made up for the obscene price :p

Ok, so the doc I saw said I'm not presenting any of the "classic signs" apart from my leg being painful and the pins and needles...like my leg isn't as swollen as it would be if I had a clot in it, and there isn't any discolouration which would also signal a clot...so I pointed out to her that I didn't show any of the "classic signs" when I had a clot on my lung in 2006 and nealry died!

She says I have to go to my GP tomorrow morning to get refferred to get a scan! Fun eh?

8. katieeandbump

awww well i hope ur ok!! seems abit silly though as any swellings on the leg when pregnant needs to be investigated quickly? espically if u have had a clot before?! hope everythings goes well xxxx

9. broody_mama

Went for an appointment at hosp, they did a scan and couldnt see any clots they want me back in on 29th for a rescan to make sure there deffinately aren't any clots!

10. katieeandbump

awww gooood!! glad everythings ok for u and its been sorted <3 xx

11. broody_mama

Thankies hun, am just glad the people in Norwich hospital are doing their jobs and checking it out! The GP I saw earlier was furious at how I was treated last night, even though the scan was negative earlier he said "they should have had you straight in!"

Oh well, the people I saw earlier were wonderful and reassured me s I'll be able to chill a bit over xmas, though I have my SIL to worry about! She is supposed to be having her twins tonight or tomorrow and am just hoping she gets the birth she wants! *fingers crossed*