Leg Pain at night???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by BuxtonKerry, Apr 14, 2009.

1. BuxtonKerry

BuxtonKerry Breastfeedin teen mum xx

Does anyone else have this problem? Or any solutions to it?

Every night I wake up with unbearable cramp like pain in my upper legs, on my calf. Its awful, I have to rub my legs like mad and then turn over onto my other side (which helps slightly). Im 18 weeks today. ANY IDEAS??x
    thanx

:cry:

2. xarxa

xarxa Playin Conan while waitin

3. divagee

divagee Well-Known Member

Hiya i had exactely the same thing a few weeks ago where i woke up in the middle of the night stretched my legs and got the most painful cramp ever! it really scared me aswell as being painful, i did a bit of research into this and found that leg cramps are common in the second trimester as can be combated by going for a nice long walk in the afternoon and eating a banana and drinking a glass of milk before you go to bed as it can be a lack of potassium and calcium that is causing it too. Since i started going for the walk and having the milk and banana haven't had it since so i'd def recommmend that in the first case and see if it improves, if not just mention it to your midwife.

Have a read of this too:
    https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/sleep/legcramps/

4. BuxtonKerry

BuxtonKerry Breastfeedin teen mum xx

Thanks everyone, will try ur suggestions xxxxx

5. ClaireRJM

ClaireRJM Well-Known Member

i'm 19+1 & been getting not cramps but more growing pains in my calves, relieve it by streching ur muscles daily n a strong fella n help ur strech ur muscles!!

6. nikkip

nikkip Mummy to 2!!

Hiya

Ive been getting this and it is so painful!!! I got one on saturday in my right leg and its only now that I have been able to walk on the leg almost normally:dohh:

Wish I could screw my legs of for the night so I can sleep!"!!:rofl:

7. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

have u tried a pregnancy pillow that goes under ur bump and between ur legs this helped me abit as i had terrible cramps they r awful

8. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

when u strech dnt point ur toes it stops u from getting cramp lernt this when preg with my son

9. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

i cudnt stretch my toes out either! i forgot about that lol

10. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

hey i made topic the other day about this - ive had it only the once - woke up 4am with a super tight cramp in my calf. Its ok now. So hope yours goes x

11. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I got these cramps really badly when I was pregnant with Aiden. I would wake up crying sometimes because they hurt so bad. The only things that helped me were that I would have to wake up my OH and he'd have to rub my leg or I'd have to move my foot up and down to work the muscle and get it to loosen up. My doctor told me it was really common though.