Length of tiny baby clothes?

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
Does anybody know the length of tiny baby clothes? The reason for asking when i had an emergency scan after being in hospital they said my little mans legs are really long for how many weeks i was so now im worrying nothing is going to fit him!

it should have the lengths of the clothes on the tags! but sorry i wouldn't know off by heart! hope that helps!

Each item & make will differ hun, They wont be a standard size. You would need to measure them as they will vary a little.

My son was born 7lb 4 & was a long baby & he still didn't fit in newborn sleepsuits lol

Oh my goodness they really do all differ! Alex has some that fit snugly then others that hang off her! It really is trial and error!

Theres nothing on the tags just upto 5lbs! His legs are already off scale so if i do go a few more weeks i pretty much doubt they are going to fit him.

I don't know either!!! Marlow was 7lb 15oz born and eighteen and a bit inches long.....newborn swamped him....he's now lost 140z and is 7lb 1oz and his legs are only half way down the suit legs even though his little legs are quite long!

Tres confusing! :haha:

I bought him a proper premature baby outfit yesterday....it's bloody huge!:wacko:

Im buying everything upto 10lbs cause the newborn stuff looks super tiny and with my 36 inch inseam and seeing the ultrasound pic looks as if he will have a long inseam too haha.

They should fit for a week or two no matter the length of his legs as newborns keep their legs tightly crossed and held up. At the very worst you could chop off the feet and put some socks on (if he is having a lot of heel prick tests for anything they may suggest this so as to manage it with minimum fuss).

my son was 22 inches and he fit the newborn clothes just fine :) but only for a week or so. they do keep their legs curled up to them so that makes a difference. newborn clothes actually were big on him except for the length so I did opt for the ones without the feet also.

Ya im buying very minimal newborn stuff as they do grow pretty fast

Thanks everyone ive had to buy mostly tiny baby clothes cause im going to have him by 35 weeks so he will be in nicu for a bit, they wont let me go any futher cause of dodgy placenta! Hopefully if he gets a few weeks out of things that would be fine.

Mumof4, H&M do a lot of the little 'kimono' style babygrows that virtually fold out flat and save you having to manouvre baby all over the place when dressing them and they do small stuff...also try TK Maxx....lots of premmie stuff in there!

h so I did opt for the ones without the feet also.

Thats a good plan, i have a few premmie outfits with no legs on it.

As someone previously said - the legs will be more bent up for a while anyway so dont worry too much!

And if he's going to be in NICU for a bit, a lot of units have clothes that they let you use anyway.

Meant to say, both my boys are tall and were very long at birth. DS1 born at 35 weeks weighting 5lb5oz and DS2 born at 33 weeks weighing 5lb12oz and both were in tiny baby stuff for about 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"