Lesbian couples TTC

do you have any advice? i will be using pre seed and softcups

i don't have any advice but i think that is awesome!! goodluck to the both of you. hope everything goes well xx

do you have any advice? i will be using pre seed and softcups

Try reading back in this thread, you can look at my Preg Journal (bottom of my sig) and there is another GREAT thread, TTC using Donor sperm.... Try that site for alot of information/adivice/help etc...

great :) thanks :) x

Here is the link to that site, I think I am posting it right... https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-1/570525-welcome-trying-conceive-1-a.html

Here is another good link that I used on BnB https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

Have I commented on this yet?? If not....here I am! My partner and I are doing AI at home (known donor). We are really excited! Lots of love to you all!

Hi Kate - I don't even know if you have, but nice to see you today... Hope all is well.

Hey all.

We are a married lesbian couple, About to start TTC this weekend for the first time ever..
so for those who have been through this and those who have had success please send me any pointers.

I am of course doing a home insemination but with shipped sperm from a known donor can't wait.. Will keep everyone posted

Congrats Mrsmm24

Hey all.

We are a married lesbian couple, About to start TTC this weekend for the first time ever..
so for those who have been through this and those who have had success please send me any pointers.

I am of course doing a home insemination but with shipped sperm from a known donor can't wait.. Will keep everyone posted

Congrats Mrsmm24

Welcome JAZZNTEE!!!! Check out some of the posts that I have made recently, there are links to other threads as well, from women in the same situation. It will easily provide support, information beyond your imagination, and a sense of hopefulness. The ladies of BnB (lesbian or straight) are very awesome.

I am sending you PLENTY :dust::dust:.... from one GA Peach to another!!:winkwink:

My journal is below in my sig, check it out if you get time, there is info there, but until then, I will say, go to Walgreens, Publix, etc, and get some INSTEAD SOFTCUPS!!! My wife and I are fans!!! Looking forward to seeing you get a :bfp: soon, and hearing about this journey!

So we bought some softcups, along with pre-seed and the CBFM. We are having our sperm shipped from a known donor as soon as I get my "peak".

With the softcups, do you have your wife put the cup or do you do it yourself? Basically, what is the easiest way to get the cup in place?

Is it easier to insem with a syringe and them place the softcup or put the batter right into the softcup and then insert. Or is a combo of both best?

Well, we have done each of those. The first time, we did the syringe to cervix, then insert the soft cup. We have had the donor come to the house and put the donation directly into the softcup. We have used the pour the "donation" directly into the soft cup. We have also had my wife insert the softcup except for the last time.

This could border on TMI so read at your own risk: Each time, no matter the method, we elevated my legs and "engaged in stimulation" then left the legs elevated for about 30 mins. After that, just relaxed and went about the day as usual because the softcups actually hold everything up to its "bulls eye"

Try the robitussin the week of ovulation till about 2 days later. It really helps the path. Not another cough syrup (robitussin is safe for pregnancy). It will make you woozy, so just about every time, the elevation, turned into nap time.

I am going to pick your brain, I hope you don't mind!

Robitussin? Really? Any particular kind? I was thinking about inseming at night, is that not the best time?

We are having the donor fill two vials and then send it to us. The shipper says we have up to 96 hours to use the "stuff". I figure we will request it on my second high day and insem as soon as we get it and then hopefully insem on my first peak day (which I hope will be the next day). Does that sound about right?

This is a TMI question, so feel free to ignore it. What type of "stimulation" can we do? I hear some of them are out because the kill the sperm. May just be a myth!

Oh and...How did you track your ovulation?

Hi....I figured I would just on in....I'm sooo excited to have come across these pages...my partner and I have been trying for 5 months....we found a donor and he meets up with us 3 times during my fertile week. We did the syringe thing for 2 months then the past 3 months we tried the softcups and a little "fun time" to help the litter swimmers...yet no baby :-( any advice?

I am going to pick your brain, I hope you don't mind!

Robitussin? Really? Any particular kind? I was thinking about inseming at night, is that not the best time?

We are having the donor fill two vials and then send it to us. The shipper says we have up to 96 hours to use the "stuff". I figure we will request it on my second high day and insem as soon as we get it and then hopefully insem on my first peak day (which I hope will be the next day). Does that sound about right?

This is a TMI question, so feel free to ignore it. What type of "stimulation" can we do? I hear some of them are out because the kill the sperm. May just be a myth!

Oh and...How did you track your ovulation?

No problem, pick away...

YES!!! Robitussin, our doc recommended it, because I said I wanted to do any and everything that I could. She said that it is safe for babies so you can use while conceiving, the cold syrup. We used cold and flu. I think that time depends on your ovulation and when your temps are during the day. We never did insem past 5pm coincidentally.

As for when to ship, will it reach you the next day? Typical shipping requires a thaw (instructions included) so I think that you may want to request ship the first day of your high to be safe. Use the ovulation sticks, but it possible, temping as well (which is what we did)

*TMI Answer* so anyone not ready to read, DON'T!! The Instead cup was inserted so the "donation" was not able to come back out.... therefore the spem wasn't killed, they were near the cervix where they belonged! The stimulation that we used was oral definitely, as the doc explained that it creates a suction of the cervix so it makes the path a little clearer for the swimmers. I know that I have heard it isn't wise to use fingers, as they poke a little different than a vibrator. Each thing we did, we cleared it with the doc because I am soooo *no pun intended* anal about things and the biggest reasearch addict! I majored in personal health in school as well, so some things I was already aware of. Oh, for tracking temps, Walmart sells a Basil Themom that comes with tracking sheets for less than $10 in the medicine area. Was REALLY helpful to see the numbers and compare to information there and online.

Hi....I figured I would just on in....I'm sooo excited to have come across these pages...my partner and I have been trying for 5 months....we found a donor and he meets up with us 3 times during my fertile week. We did the syringe thing for 2 months then the past 3 months we tried the softcups and a little "fun time" to help the litter swimmers...yet no baby :-( any advice?

WELCOME DMFAMILY!!!! Happy to have you! There are PLENTY of pages, they are listed in my journal if I recall. If you get a second, check there to see the other Threads that are suuuuper helpful!!

Your journey sounds like it is time to be kicked into high gear, there are soooo many things to be learned on BnB so read when you get a chance. We tried the syringe, then Fert clinic, then the syringe, then the syringe/softcups, etc. Honestly, adding so many more aspects would prove helpful, the advice I have, is to use the fert sticks and the temping, it really shows when things are best. As well, since the "donation" is available 3x that week (you are soooo lucky btw) you should probably try your highest day, the day after then, then 2 days later. Cover all the bases incase ovulation takes its time. What I have definitely learned about myself is that ovulation occurs regularly, but not the exact day each month, sometimes, 2 days prior and some times 2 days later.... GL and :dust::dust: We will be happy to hear from you regularly in your TTC journey and ESPECIALLY when you receive that :bfp:

Thanks sooo much for your input...we just bought a fertility monitor....we were using the sticks....but I hope this really helps and kicks it into high gear! :) I'll keep you posted as we try this month! Congrats to you two gals! :)

hey my wife and I have been married a year in August and are now 12 weeks pregnant :) just had our 1st scan on wed.

We found our donor who lived around 40 miles away from us. We met up with him and got his donation, took it home and used a syeringe (10ml) the first time we tried this it didnt work. The second time we met him in a hotel and did it there, it was amazing, such a nice place and we were totally relaxed this time, just did what we would normally do lol although obviously adding in the insemmination part and we were so blessed and it worked.

We were in a civil partnership b4 this so means my partner can be the 2nd parent legally so we are now getting very excited :)

Welcome LM87!!

Awesome story. Soooo much like my wife and I. We are writing about this journey on BnB (in my sig) and enjoying things so far. Even my wife's MS! We are a few weeks behind you!

So i did my first at home insemination, On July 9th so i have 11 more days till testing and in the TWW, I feel like its too soon to know anything, I just know as of today. i am extremely tired and i feel like i have a period... like cramps.. I do have 2 other children 9 & 8 but i can't remember what i felt or went thru when i was pregnant because i wasn't TTC when i had them and now i am.

Anyone who did get pregnant from Donor sperm. what did you feel or think during your TWW please share

Well JAZZNTEE, I don't think that I covered this in my journal as much, because it is the hardest time to go through! I mean, the urge to test, etc. The first few "donation" months, we tested early because of impatience and the :bfn:s that we saw stopped up after the 4th time.

I didn't really have symptoms that were noticeable during the 2WW, infact, the symptoms seemed to occur AFTER what would have been our time to test (we decided that we would wait to see if AF came and if it was longer than 9 days we would test just to scream, yell, and celebrate.) At about 4 days in I was sick this time (totally unrelated) but I do distinctly remember SORE and I mean SORE bbs!!!:wacko: I also felt like I had a fever regularly, and my wife was saying that I was always hot.... Symptom checking is such a 2WW wait trait... GL, FXD, :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->