less movements, should I be worried?

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed less movements from little one? Todays movements have been really reduced as were yesterdays, is this just little one settling down or do you think I need to be worried. Its just so different to what it has been. Had quite a few pains down below too, like sharp stabbing ones, and I also feel like I have stitch down one side of my bump. Anybody got any ideas?:-k

:hug::hugs:

Plz ring mat unit hun ....reduced movements can be nothing but also can be very dangerous you know your body you posting this tells me your worried ...drink iced water within 20 mins of u laying down baby should be kickin up a storm but plz ring for advice xxx

This could be nothing. I wouldn't get too worried. But if he/she is still not make any attempt to move within the next hour or so?.... Contact your Mat unit, It could mean more.

Hope everythings all okay for you hun!

I get this every so often, as long as ur gettin kicks still i wouldnt be so worried. Sit down and relax and have a nice cold drink.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/98275-importance-reduced-fetal-movements.html as i said it maybe nothing but u never know xxx

If the movements are still slugish I would suggest going in to get monitored, might be nothing, but nothing wrong with going to find out. I had this same thing happen to me last week and I was very hesitant to go in and get checked but finally did. luckily the movements picked up once I was there and being monitored however they did notice that I was having contractions so kept me in for a while to monitor those... just never know I guess. The doctors kept saying that I did the right thing by coming in and said that it is very important to go and get checked any time you feel reduced movements (less than 6 in 2 hours). They were all really nice and diddn't make me feel like I was wasting their time at all.

Hope everything works out fine for you!! Take care :hugs:

Thanks everyone for your comments, I have been lying down for a bit and have had some movements from little one......however, my stomach just doesn't feel right tonight......I'll see how I feel in next couple of hours and will ring mat unit for advice if still not happy with how I feel. Gonna try a nice warm bath and see if that eases off some of my aches and pains x

Hun if it doesnt feel right plz go in and be checked x

More than likely nothiing at all BUT you MUST go and get it checked. Reduced movements are more often than not, just a settled baby, but on occasion, can mean something more serious x x x

Thanks to everyone for your advice. Just to let you know I have been to the assessment unit. All seems to be ok with baby, started moving once the monitor was on and had a good heartbeat. My uterous showed some irritability but they weren't concerned about that. They have said the pains I have been getting could be due to the baby starting to engage its head.........and they said to expect less movement now than before, although they have said that if the movement patterns dont go back to how they were they would like me to go back again just to make sure.
Thank you all for your quick advice and support x

glad to hear everythings ok :) better to be safe than sorry!

So pleased all is ok hunny! You keep bubs in there till he/she is fully baked! :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->