Less than a week to go and getting SCARED!

S

saara24

As per title really.

OH has started openly cooing over babies and discussing stuff like cots and names and all that sort of stuff. I was reading a baby magazine and worrying about the cost of stuff so he's going to build us a cot, a changing table :cloud9: and has offered to build a travel system too but I'm not sure how I feel about an MDF car seat! :rofl:

I'm starting to picture baby involved in every day life and stuff now but to be honest I'm still really struggling to put the two together and it still doesn't seem like reality at all. And I still don't have any particular desire to spend any time with other people's children - all his family know we're going to be trying soon so we've had offers to go and baby-sit various nieces and nephews 'cos you'll need the practice' but I don't really want to :blush: I want my own, not somebody else's. I don't like other people's children!

The main thing I was worrying about was the business and that's well on the way to being sorted and I'll be ready to hand over parcel-making duties for example very soon. So at least that's one thing off my mind. Only leaves another 372 things on my mind lol.

Help!

lol i know what you mean about other peoples children. it is SO different when it's your own though, i cant even begin to describe it. you are so lucky, we're waiting till nxt year to start ttc :hissy: i am getting SERIOUSLY impatient lol. are you going to start a ttc journal? i wish you all the luck in the world ttc. keep me updated :hugs: :dust:

I agree with FsMummy...it's so different when they're your own. I know this from friends who've had kids and hated other peoples but were absolutely fine with their own :)

when my little girl was born even after just a week it seemed like it was the way it had always been. is hard to explain but she just sort of fitted. wen i was PG i had so many ppl saying 'you'll need the prsctice' it was so annoying and my sister would ask me to change my neice's nappy and if i said no she'd say 'well what're you gonna do when yours is here' and i was like, well i'll obviously change it but until then i dont need to lol

Oooh, yes, gonna do a journal and stuff - not sure exactly what I'll put in it as I don't have any idea about my cycles or any of that - PCOS means AF arrives whenever she feels like it, for however long she feels like it - the most I get in the way of warning is a bit of stomach ache a couple of hours before, and it could be anything from three weeks to six months after the previous time...

But now that I'll be handing a lot of work over to OH's sister to do, I should hopefully have a bit more time to faff about doing stuff I want to do (like post here!) rather than just working all the time, so I'll ramble away in my journal lol about all this.

We're going to give it a couple of months the old-fashioned way, and I haven't told himself yet but if nothing has happened then I'll start peeing on sticks and paying attention to it - hopefully won't come to that though, I keep dreaming of Christmas-time announcements and can't wait to see my dad's face - although at the same time slightly worried LOL - he keeps asking when we're going to get married (like every time I see him!) so I think he can maybe sense that there's plans being made that he's not being told about.

I'm being totally useless about everything though LOL - been eating better recently, cooking things with vegetables and everything instead of takeaway, but I'm still drinking a bit and keep forgetting to take the vitamins...

Haha - I was thinking about that the other day - I've never changed a nappy in my life, the last baby I had any sort of prolonged dealings with was my brother - and that was back in 1987 when I was 3!

But nappies don't strike me as particularly tricky, surely? Not something that will require great amounts of practice? I did a financial maths degree and run a business and a home - I'm sure I can handle a dirty nappy!!!

Glad you said that about it feeling like that was the way it had always been - it's one of my many worries, how will the baby fit in, exactly how much is going to change about my life and what will it be like?

Guess you can't really know these things until they happen.

we have 4 months to go yet before ttc but as it is getting closer it is getting scarey !!!! I don't see the need to look after other peoples kids as yours is different and she/he will be yours - eeek !!!!

good luck xx

lol it sure is easy to change a nappy and the weirdest thing is that poop doesnt bother you when its you own! i would gag doing my neice's nappy but with faith it doesnt bother me in the slightest! (maybe thats just me?) i could never even begin to describe how i feel about faith, she is my whole world and i could never live without her and coming from me thats huge as i never liked kids and i never wanted kids at all and now i want more!! :rofl:

omg only one day to go! :happydance: are you excited?

Scared witless.

But also a little bit excited :D

Apparently you can get pregnant after coil-removal from having bd'd up to three days before or something (can't remember exactly how long the spermies live for) so I said to Martin last night, just think, we might have made a baby just then - he wasn't interested though, just patted my stomach and went to sleep.

I've been reading the birth announcements and stories board and have decided that I really shouldn't venture over there until it's too late to back out! Scary business!

24 hours from now should be all done and dusted :) I have the first appointment of the night at 7pm. Martin cancelled his badminton and everything to come with me (he plays five nights a week and has coaching two days a week too - so that's a BIG deal!)

awww thats really good of him. i remember when i was about 20 wks pg i sat bolt upright in bed and shouted "oh my god dan, this baby's got to come out!" lol it suddenly jus hit me all of a sudden that one way or another the baby had to come out lol. how good would that be if it'd already happened!!!!:rofl::rofl:

I figure, if I get really scared I can always tell them to knock me out and do a C-section. We have private health-care so I think I would get my way if I asked!

I know. I just kind of lay there with my hand on my stomach thinking about it - then had to get up and read for a bit cos I started to freak out. I haven't had AF since about August time though I don't think, so the chances of actually ovulating right now and catching immediately when the coil comes out are pretty slim I'd reckon! I haven't got a clue what's going on and I wish I'd written down dates when it was happening like I was going to LOL - always thought when AF started, I should write this down and see if there's any kind of pattern, and then would forget and think, well, it's ok, it's usually around the start of the month I'm on... which is usually is - problem is I skip months quite often and can never remember when the last one was!

My parcel of ic HPTs arrived this morning though :) I thought I'd better be prepared. We've got a few nights out and things coming up so I can POAS before I go just in case and know if I can drink or not!

yeah thats a really good idea, always better 2 b sure. im already thinking about buying tests in bulk :rofl: only 6 months to go for me lol omg is peirced and modified your site? i used to look on there all the time b4 faith was born. i took out my more interesting piercing to breastfeed lol, still got quite a few tho, dnt really get time to shop for jewellery these days : ( . is your OH still excited? i used to get really excited then all of a sudden i'd get really scared but she is so worth it

You'll be SUPER excited when you get your BFP...and just because you don't like other kids, doesn't mean you wont love the heck outta your own! Just relax =).

Yes, Pierced & Modified is mine :) Ours, now, but I started it LOL

I've took out a lot of my more interesting piercings as well but still got several left!

Was packing up a load of preggie belly bars today thinking 'haa, me soon - which one will I have for myself?' :D

Two hours to go til appointment... had butterflies in my tummy all day!

Started a journal too :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/63567-s-ms-quest-cherry-bun-ttc-1-a.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->