Letrozole (Femara) 2.5mg

Dream143r

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering how many and if you remember what size follies you've got from taking 2.5mg Letrozole or Femara.

It's my first cycle taking it. (CD3-7). I ovulate just fine on my own but my RE put me on it to give us an extra target or 2.

I've been taking Femara since February. Here were mine:

Feb - Left 19mm, 17mm. Nothing on right.
Mar - Left 24mm, 19mm. Nothing on right.
Apr - Left 17mm, 19mm. Nothing on right.
May - D & C
June - 16mm, 14mm. 5 immature on right.

Good luck!

Hi Amanda! I haven't crossed paths with you in a bit. Sorry to see like me you're still TTC, argh!

Thanks so much for sharing. Those are great size follies you're getting and consistently 2 mature. I'm hoping I get 2 mature this cycle for my IUI. I think my odds are better since I already O on my own.

Are you guys just doing TI?

I know, I had to take a break for awhile. I think I was stressing myself out! I was so bummed to see that you were still TTC also. I was hoping I'd come back to lots of BFPs.

Yep, just doing TI since February. I'm 13dpo today and got a BFN. My "official" test date is Friday (15dpo), but my BFN is not making me hopeful. I ended up having a D&C in May due to lots of fibroids in my uterus. We got everything cleaned out and this is our first cycle post D&C.

Is this your first IUI cycle? Fingers crossed for you!

It's my 2nd IUI, but the 1st one was unmedicated. My RE just wanted us to go through the monitoring to make sure everything was working as it should, and it was.

So the low dose letrozole he said was to hopefully just give us a boost. FX for an extra mature follicle.

On my first IUI cycle I had one 18mm follicle before the trigger which I thought was pretty good. I think they want anything over 16mm. DH count was 34.5 million after the sperm wash.

Seems like everything lines up perfectly, but still no baby.

FX you're HCG is just building slowly and you will get your BFP! Have you considered IUI? I'm not advocating (since it hasn't worked for me yet), just curious.

Yes, they said 16mm and over was what they were looking for. I feel you on things lining up but no baby. It's super frustrating. When are you doing the IUI? Hopefully it works out for you and you finally get a BFP. My first round on the letrozole was rough. I was super hormonal and towards the end I was crying about EVERYTHING. The second time it didn't bother me. Have you had any side effects?

I hope so! No, that's probably next. We decided to do another couple of rounds of the TI with drugs after my D&C to see if if we could catch the egg that way. They also tested DH's sperm and his count was great, so it is definitely not him.

My next monitoring appointment is Saturday (CD10) we'll see how the follicles are maturing and they will let me know after that either when to come in for my next monitor or when to do the trigger and schedule the IUI. My first IUI was done on CD15 of that cycle. We'll see.

It's CD8 today, so I took my last letrozole dose yesterday afternoon. Honestly, no symptoms really. Which is good I guess, I just hope it's working. Oddly we connect symptoms with the effectiveness of something, even pregnancy but that's really not scientific.

Sounds like we're in the same boat with no clear issues. Sigh. I hope you catch it before having to do an IUI. It's simple and painless but obviously just getting pregnant the old fashioned way is preferred. It's much more simple for me though, DH hates going in the cup. womp womp.

AF hasn't arrived for you yet, has she? FX

FX for you. Let me know how the appointment goes on Saturday. Good that you're having no side effects. I was not expecting to have any, but wowza! I was an emotional mess. I had some side effects from the progesterone. Decreased appetite, upset tummy. The first time I took it I lost like 5 pounds because I couldn't hardly eat anything.

No, no clear issues which is really frustrating. I was hoping that the fibroids would be what was keeping anything from sticking and that this first month post D&C would be the one. My DH is not looking forward to participating in IUI. Nope. No AF today. I skipped testing today and just texted my DH and told him that I didn't even want to test tomorrow because I know it's going to be negative. I'm just ready for her to show up so we can get the next cycle under way. The progesterone keeps her from showing though so if my HPT is BFN in the morning I stop taking it so she can show. :(

Three other couples I know have seen the same doctor I'm seeing and now 2 of them have kids and another is expecting. That makes me hopeful.

My HPT was a BFN. Called the REs office to report in, now just waiting to hear back after the doctor reviews. The nurse called me and said that he might want to try some FSH with the next round to try and give me a few more follicles. What a bummer.

Hope things are going well with you!

Ah Shucks! It's so confusing when you're on the progesterone. I was only on it 1 cycle and I stopped taking it at 13DPO cause in my heart I just knew I wasn't preggo.

I hope the FSH is what does the magic trick for you.

Anxious to see how my follicles are doing. My appt is at 8:45am tomorrow. I'll def let you know. I've been have super mild cramping this afternoon, hopefully means they're getting big and juicy.

Meh well not that exciting.

Left side one 16mm and 3 or 4 little guys. Right side 6 little ones.

Waiting for the nurse to call me this afternoon with next orders. I suspect she will tell me to come back Monday for another scan.

Got my trigger shot waiting in the fridge.

Well, shoot. I was hoping for a couple big ones. Been thinking of you all morning! Let me know what they say next. I suspect I'll hear from my RE on Monday. For today, I'll be having a couple of drinks with my friends from high school. LOL.

I heard from my RE. They want us to give IUI a try this cycle with the addition of Menopur. I started Femara again Monday through Friday and then I add the Menopur on Friday. I go in for a follicle scan on Tuesday and we'll get more instructions then.

Hey Amanda,

Sorry didn't realize I didn't come back to update you. I went back Monday for another scan (CD12). My dom on the left side was 23mm. So we triggered that night. They said between 5-10pm, I did it at 530pm.

IUI was yesterday at 12noon. I think O day was also yesterday. Which will be interesting to see how that plays out because my first IUI I didn't O till the day after. Temp went up this morning. I'll need a couple more temps to confirm but usually going above 98 is my first sign.

Follicle on trigger day
MAY: 20mm
JULY:23mm

IUI day
MAY: CD15
JULY: CD13

Lining on trigger day
MAY: 7
JULY: 8.6

Count post wash
MAY: 34.5 million
JULY: 5.1 million

O Day
MAY: 1DPIUI
JULY: IUI day

Overall experience
May: I think it's possible the doc may have botched it when she stabbed my uterus wall with the catheter. Ouch! I flinched real bad. She said it was fine but who knows.

July: procedure was much better. Done by a different doctor (still not my doctor). Didnt feel a thing. Went perfectly the way I expected the first to be.

I took a couple HPTs yesterday morning just to see the positives. I don't think I'm going to fully test out the trigger this cycle though. With the low count I'm kind of feeling out before it even starts. I know I know it only takes ONE. I just can't help to feel a little disappointed. Doc said to BD today before I start the prometrium. So we will.

All I can do now is pray and wait.

What's Menopur? I don't know anything about it. How does it work? What does it do? How long do you take it? Let me know if you have any IUI questions. Happy to help. Hope this will do the trick for you! FX

OUCH @ getting stabbed. That doesn't sound fun at all! I flinched for you. I've heard they aren't painful since your cervix is already open. I'm kinda nervous, but I don't think it will be bad. The nurse said it would be less painful that the saline ultrasound uterine scan (SIS) I had done back in January. I've got everything crossed for you.

Menopur is another injectable drug they gave me. It supposedly helps increase egg quality. It starts as a powder and you have to mix it with saline and then inject it just like the trigger shot. I start that tomorrow and go through Monday. At my follicle scan, they'll let me know if I need to continue with the Menopur or if we should trigger. I'm not hopeful because I know the success rates for IUI can be low, but I'm willing to give anything a try.

Oh yeah, I did the saline as well last year, for me that was painful for only seconds. When the catheter went in and when it came out. It def hurt but was so quick. The IUI, when done correctly is completely painless, same discomfort as a pap smear. I was braced for impact because of my first experience but before I knew it Doc said okay you're done.

Menopur - Oh okok. Well I hope it works for you.

Yeah I'm desperately praying we don't have to get to IVF. My doc recommends only 3 IUIs before moving to IVF. I just really don't want that kind of stress in my life. IUI rates are even lower for women who were already proving to be ovulating on their own. I'm hoping we're the exception.

I decided I'm going to start testing at CD23, 10DPIUI/DPO and 11DPT. That's next Friday. Hopefully i can stay somewhat occupied until then.

The SIS was not fun. I’m glad to hear this one wont be as painful. Well, I’ll be here if you need to vent or talk while you wait.

Yeah. I start the Menopur this evening. I also hope it works. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Okay, I went and had my follicle scan this morning. One on the left (25mm) and one on my right (19mm). I gave myself the trigger at lunch today and DH is scheduled to have his specimen in at 7AM CST tomorrow for washing and I'm scheduled for my IUI at 8AM CST. I'm ready to get it over with.

When can you test?

Ohhh yay! Those are good size follicles, especially that 25mm. I really like that there's one on both sides. Meaning either way the spermies swim they're headed towards an egg. You won't lose half of them in the "wrong" tube. Hope everything goes perfectly with your insem this morning.

I love when people say sperm wash, mainly cause my DH HATES IT! It's very vulgar to him and he can't stand the terminology. It's funny to me that it gets him so bothered.

Well CD21 for me 8DPO/IUI and 9DPT. I cheated and tested before I said I would. Last night on a 5 hour hold. I was really just seeing where my trigger was at, 7DPO is too early to test for pregnancy if you ask me. Yes, still faint lines on 2 different brands of ICs. I'm growing impatient now, I'm at the point where I just want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->