• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Letrozole/femara and bfp success?

Rawan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My doctor is going to put me on letrozole for next cycle, because last cycle I was on clomid(I don't have pcos, but the doctor said since clomid can increase the release of more than 1 egg, it could increase the chance of pregnancy), but clomid thinned my lining, so that's why for next coming cycle, I will use letrozole instead.
Anyone used letrozole (and ovulate on their own/not ovulate on their own) has any success stories/bfp? Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! Did you experience any side effects from letrozole?
I think letrozole helped me to conceive my son.

Sorry, didn't see this sooner. I was also on metformin at the time and the metformin was hard on my system, but didn't notice side effects from the letrozole besides regular periods.... My third cycle on it was VERY short (like 16 days I think), but I became pregnant the following month.

Thank you for sharing! Hopefully letrozole will be the magic pill for me!

Thanks for sharing! Did you experience any side effects from letrozole?
I think letrozole helped me to conceive my son.

Sorry, didn't see this sooner. I was also on metformin at the time and the metformin was hard on my system, but didn't notice side effects from the letrozole besides regular periods.... My third cycle on it was VERY short (like 16 days I think), but I became pregnant the following month.

I am on Glumetza which is long acting because Metformin was hard on my stomach. I just finished my 4th cycle of Letrozole. First 2 at 2.5 MG and the next 2 at 5 MG. I just got a BFP. I didn't really have any symptoms that I was aware of. Good luck!

My RE gave me 3 months of femara to try for the same reasons as you. Besides it delaying my ovulation by about 4-5 days I didn't notice much else. Well maybe an increase in acne in my folicular phase where I typically have pretty clear skin. This is my first month and was given 5mg. I do find the my ovulation felt "stronger" but I guess we will wait and see!

Thank you CanadianLady for sharing your experience! Hopefully I won't have much side effects too. I will be taking 5mg letrozole for 5 days, expecting af to come tomorrow, and waiting for instruction from my clinic as to when to start the med.
Hope I can get my BFP too with this med! :)
I am on Glumetza which is long acting because Metformin was hard on my stomach. I just finished my 4th cycle of Letrozole. First 2 at 2.5 MG and the next 2 at 5 MG. I just got a BFP. I didn't really have any symptoms that I was aware of. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your experience mnelson815! Hope you will get your bfp this cycle!
I hope this will be the miracle drug for me, I just want one healthy baby, I will be so happy, really want to be a mom. I've never been pregnant before, so I think when I actually get that bfp, I might faint because I will be so excited lol:rofl:
Baby dust to everyone! :)
My RE gave me 3 months of femara to try for the same reasons as you. Besides it delaying my ovulation by about 4-5 days I didn't notice much else. Well maybe an increase in acne in my folicular phase where I typically have pretty clear skin. This is my first month and was given 5mg. I do find the my ovulation felt "stronger" but I guess we will wait and see!

Hi everyone,
My doctor is going to put me on letrozole for next cycle, because last cycle I was on clomid(I don't have pcos, but the doctor said since clomid can increase the release of more than 1 egg, it could increase the chance of pregnancy), but clomid thinned my lining, so that's why for next coming cycle, I will use letrozole instead.
Anyone used letrozole (and ovulate on their own/not ovulate on their own) has any success stories/bfp? Thanks!

I did 2.5mg of femara last Cycle and did not ovulate and then this cycle I took 5mg and BAM pregnant. We were trying since march and I wasn't ovulating. I also have hypothyroidism, so that didn't help at all. I didn't think I'd ever ovulate, but femara helped. Just make sure you take blood pregnancy tests in between cycles!!! Femara can cause birth defects if taken while pregnant!

This was my first cycle on letrozole (I do have PCOS) and it did make me ovulate on CD 19. I am currently 3dpo and hoping for a BFP in a couple weeks! The only side effect I had was a minor headache and I didn't even get that until my last dose of the letrozole on CD 7.

Good luck and I hope you respond well to the medication :)

P.S. I have posted a link to a site that literally has hundreds of letrozole BFP stories :)

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a32751333/femara_bfp_reporting_thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"