letrozole(femara)/HCG shot/HSG test

kh10514

Reaction score
I am 30 and have been ttc for 6 months. We think the Letrozole my Dr. prescribed made me ovulate because of the OPK, but we aren't absolutely certain. My Dr. increased the dose to 7.5mg/day, and is going to have me come in for an HCG shot when the time is right. Has anyone else done this? He also wants me to do the HSG test to see if my fallopian tubes are blocked. Anyone else gone down this road? I feel like maybe we are getting out of hand with the meds and tests.

I am surprised they are moving so fast with drugs for you! I honestly don't believe you can have too many tests done especially when you're having issues, there are so many things that can go wrong. My first tests were bloods, the hsg three months later and then a laparoscopic surgery to rule out endometriosisthis three months after that. It was only after all the testing a came back normal did we move to the drug protocol

Femara and hcg is normal to take together, but I would request the tests completed first befor moving onto the next stage.
Has hubby had his SA yet? If not get that done before you continue on the drug protocol.

what she said! I first had test run, then Lap surgery and HSG test done during surgery. Then clomid for 3 months. Then Letrezole for 1 month. Then Letrezole/Trigger shot (did this at home through at 10pm)- IUI 36 hours later. (Did 2 of these one with letrezole and one with clomid) I think I would at least get tubes cleared out before more drugs. No point of overstimulating your body if your tubes aren't open. 6 months isn't long though, at least you have a doc that will see you though, most won't till you have tried for 1 year. Does seem like jumping to drugs early. But I would get as much testing as your are comfortable with just in case.

Hi there! It seems like I'm on your same journey, just without the bump up in meds dosage and a little behind date wise. I started talking femara Thursday so I don't start trying the OPK until next week. I've gotten TONS of blood work and have the hsg test on the second. This whole process is new to me since they've only ever given me clomid before and definitely not the barrage of testing. I hope that everything works out positively for you in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"