Letrozole questions.

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
Hello ladies, so I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. Me and DH have been TTC#2 for almost 4 years now. I am having annovulatory cycles and OB wants to put me on Clomid 50mg. But he isn't going to monitor me. I can't afford to pay for monitoring out of pocket and frankly I'm a little afraid to take it unmonitored because of the fear of hyper stimulation. I was reading up about Femara and how most women who take it are fine without u/s monitoring. Plus it has less side effects. Is this true? Had anyone had any success with it? I'm really kind of not wanting clomid now at all because I have no clue how my body will react to it, but I guess it's the same with femara too? I feel trapped because I'm having fertility issues but my insurance won't cover a fertility Dr. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there! I tried both and was a little more comfortable with femara. I didn't have any side effects there, but the ones worth clomid were very, very slight. I do know that a lot of people have said clomid over time can thin your lining too. Unfortunately neither medicine worked for me, but I also have male factor working against me. Just make sure that you do whatever you feel most comfortable with for you. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Hi there! I tried both and was a little more comfortable with femara. I didn't have any side effects there, but the ones worth clomid were very, very slight. I do know that a lot of people have said clomid over time can thin your lining too. Unfortunately neither medicine worked for me, but I also have male factor working against me. Just make sure that you do whatever you feel most comfortable with for you. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Thank you very much for your response. I will talk with my Dr about femara, and see what he thinks. People say its the "new and improved" clomid. I don't know though, I don't have experience with any of them, but after all the research online, I think I would prefer it over the clomid. IDK we shall see I guess :laugh2:

Speak with your doc. Clomid is much cheaper so might be better to pay for it and have a scan around CD14?

I've only tried Letrozol on its own which wasn't successful for me. I did hyper stimulate with clomid & injectables in the same round.

We've been trying for about the same time for baby 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->