Letrozole TTC #1

mandy1229100

Reaction score
Ok this is my first medicated round! I think I am ovulating today, positive OPK last night and really strong ovulation pain today. Really hoping that this works! We DTD yesterday and today, using preseed both times!

Anyone else out there used Letrozole before? Any luck?

Currently in the two, well mines about 9-10 as my LP is short. Been supppper emotional the last two days, cramping and sore breast. I am either 6 or 7dpo, FF changes my ovulation date due to temps, hoping we get a bfp this round!

What dosage are you on?
They started me on 2.5, and i had it bumped to 5. Some people take more.
I hated opk tests they never seemed to be helpful to me. I scheduled a day 21 progesterone blood test and they would let me know if I ovulated. (of course the day 21 is based on a 28 day cycle)
When going on Letrozole I fell into a very regular cycle. I wasn't having my cycle cause i wasn't even ovulating but maybe once a year.
While on Letrozole I think i only had 2-3 cycles that i had to take Provera to have my period so i could take another round.

Also i had some months where I had O cramps and breast tenderness. But not all.

Plus Hubby and I had really bad luck "timing" things for quite a while. But finally got my BFP end of April. Im waiting for my first pre-natal this coming thursday.

This is my first round so I’m only on 2.5 right now, I usually ovulate on my own but I never would know when since my cycles would range from 28 days to 46 days. This cycle I believe I ovulated on cd17 even though FF says day 18. So I should know within the next few days if we hit the mark this month but I’m not feeling overly optimistic.
I don’t go back to the doctors till June 16th to go over blood work which is driving me insane! I just want to know what’s going on lol but I’m sure we all do.

Hubby and I have pretty good timing this mont so time will tell.

Congratulations on your BFP!! That is so exciting!!

Just updating, the last couple days I have had the worst sleep of my life. Sore breast, temp still well above cover line. AF should be here within the next two days.

Well, the biggest indicator is the missed period (i hate sounding like every one else with that...) As long as your temp stays up, that should be a good indicator.

All the other things are so similar to PMS symptoms it's hard to pin point what is what, even if you don't normally experience them. One month I'd have some symptoms and others I wouldn't have a thing. So i didn't trust when my bbs started hurting at first.

I didn't even know I was pregnant when I was first feeling sick. I thought it was the food i was eating, and nerves.

Thanks! It's been a long road. I just wish I knew about Letrozole sooner. Spent most of the time just not knowing why i wasn't having a cycle.

Crossing fingers for you!!!!

I’m doing my best not to symptom spot, been doing this far too long lol. Really should update my signature it’s closer to two years now that we have been trying.

I have a gut feeling that I am out this cycle. Just doesn’t feel “right” I suppose. But AF should be here either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, feels like it will be here now lol so we shall see.

How many rounds of letrozole did you do?

Hubby and I have been trying since we got married. The January after we got married I went off the pill (which gave me regular periods for a good 2 years).
I wanna say i started treatments maybe 4 years ago, and 2/3 years of not knowing what what going on...
I had a bunch of stuff in my signature that explained our journey, but it became too long so I just wiped it out.

They started me on clomid, did maybe 2 rounds of that and they switched me to letrozole. think after two rounds i didn't respond so that's why they switched me.
I responded the most to the letrozole. Some months gave me higher numbers -- and I felt it too. I often dubbed my two-week-wait the progesterone weeks. I would feel like crap as my levels fell and my reflux would kick in (pretty much how i'm feeling now -- a constant blah feeling).
I did have a few months where i didn't respond, and they would urge me to see an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) but it always happened to fall on when I couldn't afford anything more than what I'd been doing. So i just kept at it.

Truthfully, I was at whits end. With Hubby and my luck at timing, loosing our jobs and lack of funds for almost 3 months, I was about to be done. I'd take my lack of periods and move on with my life.
But that's all changed. And I get to see it for real tomorrow!

Wow sounds like you have had one heck of a journey!! All that stress with everyday life on top of trying to conceive!
I’m proud of you both for sticking it out together I can’t imagine how hard that was.

I’m so excited for you to get to see your little peanut tomorrow!!! What an amazing feeling that will be! 💕💕

Yeah it's been a long haul. I'm glad that something finally came of it.

I was surprised when my doc said I ovulated, I checked the numbers and it was just high enough to be in range too. (vs the month before where i didn't and the month before where it was super high) Just odd how that works.

I'm so anxious to see my little jelly bean! Hubby is coming with.... I have a feeling I'll cry haha We'll see how he does *giggle*
He's there for the questions that I can't process to ask.

That is strange about the levels, my doctor is not monitoring my levels right now, I wonder why?
He wanted me to try letrozole for 6 months before any further testing.
Did letrozole ever effect for LP length?

When I first started they wanted to do blood test and an ultrasound.
Where I liked the idea of the ultrasound -- it let me see my ovaries and my uterus (kinda cool to see really) -- it was very expensive.
After the first ultrasound they said i didn't need to have any additional unless something of concern came up.
But every cycle we did blood work to see if I ovulated. Testing progesterone levels @ day 21 (as close as possible).

I guess since i didn't ovulate at all without the meds, is why they wanted to keep testing. Cause if I didn't ovulate I had to take another pill that would give me a period so i could start again.

My cycles regulated pretty nicely with the meds. Most of my cycles were 28-32 days. And they tested me based on the 28 day.
I was pretty happy the first time I had a "natural" period due to the pills.

If you ovulate normally, then they probably aren't testing to see if the meds help the chances of a conception.

Thank you for all of the information, very informative!
I’m glad I don’t have to have all the extra testing done, but at the same time I am terrified of wasting time! I just feel the clock ticking 😔.

Anywho, still no AF but keep feeling like it’s coming.

Let me know how your appointment goes!! I can’t wait to hear all about it 💕💕

Don't forget that stress and any overwhelming situation can delay a period....

I didn't test til i was a week late (mostly cause i wasn't paying attention).

Eh visit wasn't what i thought it was. I peed in a cup, they told me I was pregnant and did a quick exam to "measure my uterus" and said that it was the right size for 8-9w pregnant.
So my ultrasound and other exams are next week.
Way to screw with a pregnant girls emotions! LOL
I'm thinking it's just cause i'm requesting early times, and the only people there is 1 NP and the MD.... so the tech's aren't there to preform anything :( Wish I would have known that I would have gone later in the day.

Awe I’m sorry that it wasn’t what you thought it would be, but at least your measuring right and you are indeed pregnant!

Telling me not to stress is like telling me not to breath 😂😂

I’ve always been a stressor and a worrier. My life is always crazy! We are foster parents/adoptive parents so things are always changing, we have a 17year old we adopted, a baby that we will hopefully be adopting soon and we are having another teen girl placed with us and have been doing visits with her. My life is the definition of stress, but it’s also amazing!

Oh yeah and just an update, no AF yet today, but feels as though she will be here any moment. I’m trying not to get too disheartened since this is our first month nedicated.

Wow. All I can say to all that is you have a big heart! But i think that's "different" stress...

I always had small signs AF was on her way. My legs would cramp before I started spotting. Very rarely did my boobs bother me. It took a while before i associated all the signs to what was happening.

Well true, it's rare the first round works. So keep your head up. Take another round. Keep track of everything. And most importantly BD! hahah

I get horrible symptoms when it comes to AF, yesterday morning I woke up in tears just due to cramping. Usually it’s not quite that bad but I think maybe the medication made things a bit more intense. At least the rounds, failed or not will go by faster since the medication is working though! Here’s to round two!

Here's hoping you get some more results with this round. Do you take your pills during days 3-7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"