Let's hear your Femara Success stories!

Mrs. and Mrs.

Reaction score
Lots of ladies on here are trying to get pregnant with femara.

Do you have a femara success story to share?

I'm starting femara for the second time on my next cycle...even though it's my second time on the drug it'll be my first time actually TRYING to get pregnant with it. I'm using a sperm bank to try and get pregnant, at the ultrasound for my trigger shot with the first dose they found a tumor on my ovary that had been there for some time.

SO, now, here I am all healed up and ready to hear some femara successes!

Did anyone get pregnant on their first try with femara?

I don't have a succes story but want to wish you much luck!
I found Femera really bumped my ovulation date up to like day 11 from 17, and made me crazy emotional. Hoping that your first IUI is a sucess but will prewarn you to not get your hopes up too much... But fingers crossed!
The medication will play havic on your normal cycle, for example had tons of pregnancy symptoms like sore boobs, extra cm ect, but no BFP.

Good luck!

Well I don't really have a normal cycle, so that's why it's femara for me. But thank you for your reply!

The one time I have taken it so far I did have a 20mm follicle on my left ovary. So hopefully that happens again!

What dosage and days are you doing? We did a dIUI with femara and it was the 7.5mg dosage that worked for us on the second round (total). I had some headaches while taking it but otherwise I was fine. Did the trick so it was worth it! Best of luck!

Femara as honestly been a miracle for me. I have PCOS and don't really ever get periods. I hadn't ovulated in 3+ years of TTC. I started Metformin in January of 2014 since it can help with PCOS and boost chances in combination with Femara/Clomid. I actually had one natural ovulation after a few months of being on Metformin but it was on CD45 after a Provera induced period and my doctor suspected it was a weak ovulation.

I did 2.5mg (lowest dose) of Femara on CD3-7 in April of 2014 and ovulated around CD22 which was sooo early for me. I got a BFP at 9DPO. It was a STRONG ovulation. Like, I was almost crying during sex because I was in pain. That pregnancy ended up having a lot of issues. I measured behind, there were 2 sacs, one sac vanished, never heard heartbeats, fluctuating HCG. Eventually miscarried the remaining one.

I had one more natural ovulation after my miscarriage but again around CD45 and it was weak. I think the combo of pregnancy/metformin/Femara somewhat kicked my body into gear. I had to take a break for a few months because I had fluid blocking one of my tubes from my miscarriage.

I did 2.5mg again on CD3-7 at the end of August/beginning of September. I ovulated even earlier this time, CD16. I had NEVER ovulated that early. I got a BFP yet again and now I'm 26 weeks with a little boy.

I'll also add that I was on progesterone for the first 12 weeks since lots of women with PCOS have progesterone issues. If you get a BFP, definitely ask for progesterone checks.

Sorry if this got kind of long. All in all, no ovulation in 3+ years and both times I took Femara, I ovulated and super early for me. Also got pregnant both times I did it.

Yay! Shilo thank you!

I'm also on 1500mg of metformin, and I have the 2.5 dose of metformin once my cycle kicks in, on cycle day 5-9. I'm currently on progesterone to try and induce my cycle.

We're using frozen sperm from a sperm bank, so I am doing a monitored cycle with the HCG trigger shot to induce ovulation. I'm pretty pumped, and have a really good feeling about this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->