Let's make TTC fun :-) - buddies needed

Lavender1975

Reaction score
Hi ladies:)

Allright, TTC is no laughing matter.

I am 38 and TTC #1. Tragic enough right? + I am now trying to get my OH to get a SA done, and I don't know how to break it to him - he is one of those sensitive, depression prone, yet arrogant (and interesting;)) types that really won't react well if there is a problem on his side. (although he was the one with the idea of having a baby - :happydance: to that - Yes I love him!:)

I used to be a funny girl, enjoying my life and my boyfriend - before starting this journey! But now - you know that feeling when you start not to get jokes anymore?:cry: I go through life biting my nails if we managed to :sex: at the right time - or two weeks later, crying my eyes out that AF has come, or worrying about symptoms and... well you know it all already!!:)

Everything about TTC is so tragic. We have to BD on a schedule. We have to be so mature and responsible. No fun there.

We talk our husbands into being responsible grown-ups, which (let's face it) is the last thing any man wants to be, even in their 40s - and it's so much work! and little fun, too.

Moreover, somewhere along the way there may be doctors involved - show me somebody who's not afraid of doctors!

Honestly I'm fed up with this! Remember how it used to be when we BDed just for fun?! After all, TTC = trying to make babies, and baby making should be :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:!

After this too long & winding introduction - I hope you're not all gone away to check your ÇM yet - here's the conclusion:

Got the idea from a thread in another forum, the title read: Help me convince my husband that we NEED a baby!! (light hearted) - (not posting a link cos I'm not allowed yet - too new to the forum! but you can google it I guess)

Well, it was light hearted :D :D, here are some of the reasons they came up with
- if you cover the baby's clothes with masking tape it'll pick up all the dust and hair on the floor. Then just peel off the tape and throw it away!
- GUYS WITH BABIES ARE CHICK MAGNETS.
- A great way to make a point: "See Honey?...that's how you're acting right now".... or "That's your daughter, not mine"?
- Go to a wholesale club like BJ's or Sam's and stockup on baby stuff in bulk. 300 diapers, 200 gallons of apple juice, 1200 baby wipes. Then explain you need a baby to help use all that stuff up. Otherwise it will have been wasted money.

I don't know, maybe some will find all of that offensive, but LOLed so hard when first reading it, I think it's so absurd and funny! And just what I need! My OH reacts great to such cruel, absurd & ironic jokes (except when he's the laugh, that is;) - his favorite joke is about how I'm so much older than him, and all wrinkled - you get the style:)

Well, why not?!
Let's find some crazy, absurd, (self)ironic and FUN reasons for why we're TTC - (or IUI or even IVF)!

Fun reasons and sweet talk that can make our wallflower husbands/boyfriends yell "YES MA'AM!" and spill into little cups and BD like clockwork, because they like it!

If this thread sticks, I'll maybe make a list and update regularly - what do you say? At least, we'll have something fun to do during the two week wait:)

Warning: don't try to make this a serious thread, or the :witch: will get you!

It's a fun idea, I am drawing a blank but hopefully someone can get the humor going :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->