Let's rant about constipation!

Rymel12

Reaction score
Seriously, it's awful. It's taking my appetite away! I've always been a regular person so this is new to me. Now I go maybe every other day and it's not satisfying ever if that makes any sense. TMI probably. Lol. I didnt have this issue last pregnancy but I was also on different prenatals then at this point in the pregnancy. May need to talk to my dr about a switch cause I'm so uncomfortable. Without the constipation I think I would feel totally fine at this point. Ugh...

I know how you feel 😔 I've suffered with chronic constipation for a very long time, although luckily (haha really?) pregnancy hasn't made it worse so it's just same as usual. I hope it clears up for you :hugs:

Hi this thread title made laugh .. Lol . I'm 10+2 at the min and constipation is a bloody nightmare ! I went to gp and asked for some suppositories , I only use when I need to and i break one 1 into 3 and just use a third but this has helped me loads ️xx Sorry tmi lol x the joys of pregnancy !!

Omg constipation! I always suffer it a bit through my pregnancies but omg this has to be the worst ever.. infact TMI I know but yesterday I actually thought I was dying I've not been in that much pain since labour.. I need something I can take regular so I never get a repeat of what I experienced yesterday! I'm going to the doctors on Monday..

Definitely joys of pregnancy :haha:

Anababe I have movicol but make sure you get it in plain, otherwise it tastes vile! I have to have the paediatric version because they don't do plain adult sachets here but they work a treat, plus they dont affect baby because it's a softener, not a stimulant :)

I drank through a carton of orange juice the other day, it really helped! Trying to have some each day now and Ive been ok since doing that.

It's the iron in your prenatals. They normally have a new non-heme tough to digest iron and sometimes they even put calcium in the same pill (which binds to the iron in your gut and causes even worse constipation). I take either liquid Spatone naturally effervescent water or liquid Floradix in my orange juice. There's also Proferrin that's one of the only heme irons on the market and super easy to digest. But Proferrin is behind the counter you'd have to ask your pharmacist.

I stopped taking regular prenatals long ago, I take folate instead of folic acid, an easy to digest B complex and iron. SOO much better!! I used to vomit with regular prenatals, it's just not worth it.

It's the iron in your prenatals. They normally have a new non-heme tough to digest iron and sometimes they even put calcium in the same pill (which binds to the iron in your gut and causes even worse constipation). I take either liquid Spatone naturally effervescent water or liquid Floradix in my orange juice. There's also Proferrin that's one of the only heme irons on the market and super easy to digest. But Proferrin is behind the counter you'd have to ask your pharmacist.

I stopped taking regular prenatals long ago, I take folate instead of folic acid, an easy to digest B complex and iron. SOO much better!! I used to vomit with regular prenatals, it's just not worth it.

You're totally right! Since I've stopped the prescription prenatals and switched to over the counter ones without iron it has made things much better. I still get a little constipated but not nearly as bad as before. No debilitating stomach cramps anymore. My insomnia went away too but that may have been a coincidence.

You're totally right! Since I've stopped the prescription prenatals and switched to over the counter ones without iron it has made things much better. I still get a little constipated but not nearly as bad as before. No debilitating stomach cramps anymore. My insomnia went away too but that may have been a coincidence.

Ha! I'm glad you figured it out and are feeling better. If you're not taking iron you need to get your iron + hemoglobin checked regularly throughout pregnancy - ask if up they don't offer. Some are ok without iiron supps, some ladies get anemia. Low iron means your baby won't get enough oxygen and it can leave permanent damage (learning disabilities, cognitive impairments and developmental problems). Try Spatone, Floradix, or Proferrin with OJ a few times / week especially in first & third tri. First tri builds baby's brain, third you get depleted and can get post partum depression if you're low, not to mention the serious effects on baby. Folic acid and iron are the 2 most important vits, but iron can be horrific if it's the cheap kind they put in the majority of Prenatals :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->