Lets see your 6 week scan pics...!

So you had started spotting and then had the scan? You hadn't had one prior to that?

That's correct. After the miscarriage I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and biopsy. I was diagnosed with chronic endometritis, a low grade infection of my uterine lining. My dr said it was what likely caused the miscarriage. The small sac is just a sign that things may not be advancing as they should, it doesn't always mean there will be a miscarriage.

My dr wanted to see me earlier than 8 weeks this time so he could make sure things advance as they should this time.

See the last bullet under "Findings suspicious but not diagnostic of pregnancy failure":

https://radiopaedia.org/articles/failed-early-pregnancy

Thank you for the information knobby. I just got off the phone with the nurse from my doctor's office and she told me the same thing the ultrasound tech did. There's a gestational sac and a yoke sac, but not a heartbeat yet. I asked if that was normal for where I'm at and she said yes. So I have to trust that, even though I'm scared. So they want me to schedule a follow up ultrasound in 2 weeks...so I need to call and do that. Now I can worry about that!! :cry: I swear, never a relaxing moment. :nope:

Mrs Reineke, Just want to clarify. You were told there is no heart beat and that has you worried? You are still early. Often heart beats are seen at 6 or 7 weeks. If thats what you are worried about I really don't think you need to worry. I know it's easier said than done though. lol

I have Just had a Early Scan I thought I was 6weeks 4 days by when I ovulated - But was Given 6 weeks today - All was Fine, seen The fetal pole,Yolk Sac and Little Beating Heart, Still so Small tho xx

TTC, I was at first, but I did some Googling and found that it's ok at the stage I'm in. I will go back not next week, but the week after for a 2nd scan and should see a heartbeat then. So just need to stay positive and patient. I'm not very good at that. :dohh:

ha ha Mrs Reineke, I am glad you are not worried. You have worried enough of 10 pregnancies lol I know its hard not to worry.

When I went for my scan they warned me upfront that they wouldn't see the baby.

Lets hope we both hear a heartbeat next week, I have a scan Tuesday at exactly 6 weeks.

Oh that's excitng TTC!!! :happydance: I just got my follow up ultrasound set up for Wednesday the 21st. I'll be 7 weeks 2 days. I think my doctor probably wanted to wait until then just to be sure I'm far enough along to see the heartbeat maybe? My gestational sac was measuring 4 days further than counting from my lmp, but I also think I implanted early because I got my BFP at 9dpo. But the ultrasound tech also said measuring just the gestational sac could be off by a few days as well. They can get a closer measurement once baby is showing and they can measure it. How far along were you when you had your first scan and what did you see?

Yes, I remember you got an early BFP. I tested after you and was still getting a BFN. I got BFN at 11DPO and BFP at 14DPO.

I wouldn't doubt that they put your scan off, just so they wouldn't worry you if there was no HB at 6 weeks. lol

I had my first u/s at 4w6d. I saw the gestational sac with the yolk sac. The first thing DH said when he saw the picture was that the sac was much rounder than the previous scans on other BFPs. HD got out my previous scans and noticed that the other times they were quite strange in shape. This one there was a clear distinction between the gestational sac and outside the sac, the other one doesn't have a distinct outer edge. The last bfp didn't have a yolk sac at this point.

I included a picture.

Attachments

• 22 dpo.jpg
    22 dpo.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
Yeah my gestational sac looked very round. Pretty much like a white ring. I can't see your picture from this part, so I'm going to post my reply and then see if I can see it.

Yes, I remember you got an early BFP. I tested after you and was still getting a BFN. I got BFN at 11DPO and BFP at 14DPO.

I wouldn't doubt that they put your scan off, just so they wouldn't worry you if there was no HB at 6 weeks. lol

I had my first u/s at 4w6d. I saw the gestational sac with the yolk sac. The first thing DH said when he saw the picture was that the sac was much rounder than the previous scans on other BFPs. HD got out my previous scans and noticed that the other times they were quite strange in shape. This one there was a clear distinction between the gestational sac and outside the sac, the other one doesn't have a distinct outer edge. The last bfp didn't have a yolk sac at this point.

I included a picture.

I definently see the difference. The first one almost seems ridged compared to the second one.

I read up on it and they are supposed to be round. Lets hope that we each had messed up gestational sac in the past and these ones will work.

I was reading up on it and they did say that shape does matter and that it should be round.

6 weeks, 1 day

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1420864455468.jpg
    FB_IMG_1420864455468.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 16
I had an early scan yesterday and she put me at about 5 and a half weeks and could only see the gestational sac and nothing else. She said that was normal but I've read lots of people saying they saw a yolk sac and fetal pole at the same stage or earlier. So I'm a little worried now. Anyone with insight?

I have Taken a Photo of mine here at 6 weeks yesterday x

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5506.jpg
    rsz_dscf5506.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 24
choc-I think its possible to see it at that time but I believe that it is on the border because its so small. Maybe she wasn't able to find it. I bet it will be there any time now.

Great scan laura_2010, there is lots going on in there!

Choc, I wouldn't be concerned as you're right at the point of it maybe being visible and maybe not. A lot can happen in a few days and I'm sure you'll see a huge change with your next scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->