Let's talk cramps. Please.

techheather

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks plus. I've been crampy low. Everyday often during the day. Some intense period like cramps. They come and go. First timer here. No spotting. So not sure what to think. Just worried.

I am 5 weeks plus. I've been crampy low. Everyday often during the day. Some intense period like cramps. They come and go. First timer here. No spotting. So not sure what to think. Just worried.

I have them too. I'm 5+2 (almost 5+3) and I have some cramping throughout the day. I haven't bleed and they go away pretty quickly. Do yours last a while? As long as I'm not bleeding... I'm going to try to not panic.

I had AF type cramps the whole first week AF was due. They've eased up and now I occasionally get lower back pain.
It's always something,
But I had my first scan and saw a tiny blob with a heartbeat so all is well,
Your baby is just getting comfy in there. Don't worry.

They last a few minutes. Like Af cramps. I have a gest sac seen on US. But was too early to confirm yolk and all that was done under 5 weeks. Follow up next week.

I think I felt something similar to what you're describing till.. well I actually don't remember when it stopped. Some time before the MS kicked in. No spotting or bleeding just a really achy feeling low in my abdomen like bad period pain. My midwife said it was the first time my uterus had had to do any stretching so it was probably just complaining about it a little. Growing pains. But I'm 9 weeks now and I don't remember the last time I felt like that. Happy healthy 9 months :)

Heather! Congratulations!!!

The cramps are normal, with dd1 I walked around with a pad because I thought I would start bleeding any minute (I had just had a mc so was a little neurotic!). There's nothing to worry about if you are not bleeding. I strongly recommend getting a doppler, I got the angelsounds for like $30 and heard dd1 at 9w and dd2 at 8w and it really eased my mind.

Hi!
With my DS, I had horrendous AF cramps: around the time of bfp, then around the 7 wk mark and finally around 13 weeks.
They were so bad, like first day of AF. They lasted for a few days each time, and eased off.

With this pregnancy, I've just had that general AF type achiness.

Hey hun. I'm 6+4 and still get cramps every now and again. I find that drinking lots of water to make sure I'm hydrated means I don't have as many cramps x

Cramps are normal..unless your bleeding of course.
Its just your body growing for bubs :)
If its any more settling im still having on and off cramps even now! Its just your uterus growing.
Xx

Right now I have period type cramps. I have had them almost every single day since 5 weeks. When doctors/midwives ask "any cramping?" I have to say "no more than usual" and then they interrogate me. About 5 times I've thought it was bad enough that if it continued for the next 5 mins I'd call the hospital, then it always subsides. I have basically no bump but very tight, hard stomach, that seems to have very little give, and the pains were firstly everything stretching and now they happen when the baby is moving.

Once there's no spotting or blood usually it's fine and is just stretching pains.

Ok. Thanks. Ladies. I just thought I was abnormal. Well there is still a chance I am, but that's another discussion. Reassuring that I'm not only one feeling these baby cramps daily.

I had a lot of cramps the first time around, and am having them currently with the pregnancy. Take a deep breath, try not to worry too much! Talking to myself here too lol!

6ftnoodle, glad to see you on here! I remember you from my first pregnancy, hope all is going well!

I had a lot of cramps the first time around, and am having them currently with the pregnancy. Take a deep breath, try not to worry too much! Talking to myself here too lol!

6ftnoodle, glad to see you on here! I remember you from my first pregnancy, hope all is going well!

That's so cool. I've seen a few people who are pregnant the second time with me that were around the first time :) Hope you are doing well.

Just realized I never answered your question heather. With my first pregnancy I had cramps and pulling feelings but with this one I feel nothing which used to worry me. I guess every pregnancy is different.

I am 7 weeks and I still have cramping, have had it since before AF was due. A few times they have gotten pretty intense, where I knew I'd start bleeding- but never have. I used to get them worse in the morning...but now it's random throughout the day, mostly when I'm moving around a lot.

Wow. Thank you for all the input. Glad I'm not the only one to feel like uterus is attacking me.
Noodle yes I finally crossed. Got my BFP Black Friday.
( small possible + on turkey day ). So that thread we were all on that you ladies got all those BFP together. I contined it two times(I think). Then bam. Five or more BFP plus more. Lost count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->