Lets talk poo!

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
Is this normal?

My breastfed son has started doing no poo one day, no poo the next and then an unbelievably explosive one then the same no poo one day, no poo the next then explosive etc etc.

They have gotten to the point where if he is sat on my knee and he does one he needs a bath coz he is covered from head to toe and I need to get changed as it has leaked through onto me!

I have noticed it also smells of vinegar?

My LO did exactly the same a few mnths ago. The first few months he did a poo everfy single time i fed him, then one day he didnt do one and it couldgo a few days and suddenly it was an explosion. It lasted probably a month or so. Really annpying if i was out and about.
Not sure about the vinegar smell though.

I have read that a lot of BF babies have these explosive poos...I don't have any personal experience though, cuz mines a bottle baby.

Hope someone knows something!

Holly had vinegar poo on the day of her jabs, apparently its when they are feeling under the weather! I was panicking because it was really bad!! But its ok!! fear not!!

LOL. My little on would store it up for up to 11 days and then explode wherever he was. In the summer, weaing not many clothes, he ended up sitting in his car seat waist high in liquid poo. He continued like this right up until he started solids - it's normal for BF babies as their body is designed to absorb everything good in our milk. He also had incredably smelly wind, becoming worse and worse from about day 3 until he poo'd - he could litraly clear a room! Good luck

When my LO was about the same age as your LO she'd go 2 days without a poo, then do an enormous horrible stinker...

Tobias used to poo on a Sunday morning... he was like clockwork! I knew that around 10am on Sunday it was coming and so could be prepared for it!!
This went on for about three months from 1 -4 months. Then all changed once we started weaning.

Longest he went once was 14 days!!! and then.... cor blimey!!!

Yep, mine started doing one poo every other day about a month ago. Always first thing in the morning. Most of her poos are explosive though.

I caught on to her pattern quick so made a deal with OH that, when we get up, I would do her nappy and he would make a cup of tea, and then swap the next day. It took him a few days to realise that he was always stuck doing the poos and all I had was a nice wee nappy. :haha:

LOL. My little on would store it up for up to 11 days and then explode wherever he was. In the summer, weaing not many clothes, he ended up sitting in his car seat waist high in liquid poo. He continued like this right up until he started solids - it's normal for BF babies as their body is designed to absorb everything good in our milk. He also had incredably smelly wind, becoming worse and worse from about day 3 until he poo'd - he could litraly clear a room! Good luck

When my LO farts it smells really bad. He does it through out the days aswell so its not a couple of times a day

My Lo does the same! Normally its every other day but sometimes he may go two days then look out!!!!! haha. It happened today actually!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->