Until recently I had hoped that I would have a calm hypnobirth in hospital with a pool. It's now looking like that will not be the case as I have just been diagnosed with GD and baby is looking like she might be bigger than I can deal with as a result. The GD means they will want to monitor me throughout labour (there goes my active birth) It's such a shame but I'm starting to get my head around the idea of baby arriving a week or two weeks early via either induction or c-section, I'm starting to get excited about meeting her earlier too. They're worried about her shoulders getting stuck, and I shouldn't really be put in stirrups or have forceps/ ventuouse used on me as I have SPD. My sister had an awful induction that she reacted very badly too that resulted in her son having disabilities and then passing away aged 3. I'm aware that inductions before you're due are less likely to work and I may end up with a section anyway. Needless to say with the risks of GD, big baby etc. I'm terrified. I just want my baby here safe. The hospital seem happy to go with either giving induction 'a go' or giving me an elective section. (I ended up in tears about it in the MWs office yesterday) So I suppose I want to know if anyone else has had to majorly change their plan for labour/ has anonee If I decide to go for a section I should get a date for her arrival next week and then be get my head around it before it happens. I'm slightly concerned about if I have to have an emergency section and I get upset about it What would you do? I've been so excited about having my birth as natural as possible and now it's unlikely to be natural at all unless she decides to arrive between now and week 38 of her own accord. I just want her here safely!