Letting people take over.........

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by new mummy h, Dec 15, 2009.

1. new mummy h

new mummy h First little princess!!!!

anyone else having a hard time letting their husbands or loved ones take over??

i cant help stil trying to do everything!

i even did big morrisons shop on my own on sunday which knackered me trying to get the trolley to the car, u dont realise how much it takes out of you!

im letting him cook for me more and i let him drive the car whenever we go out together (hes got his test in the morning so hes freaking out! but he can drive when im in the car:) )

once xmas is here i need to sit down and rest but its gona be hard!

maternity leave doesnt start til 8th january so i dont feel like i can relax until i leave!:shrug:

xxxxxxxxxxx

2. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

I know what you mean hun, I'm finding it so hard to let dh do virtually everything! He wants to bless him but I'm one of those people that likes doing everything myself and done in a certain way! I'm not telling him how much I've done since I finished work on Friday! It is nice to know I can just ask and people will do stuff for me and not mind but at the same time I hate feeling like I'm constantly asking for stuff!

A couple of weeks ago I was still doing tons like you hun but have realised now that I need to chill out and start pottering around and put my feet up! I'm sure you'll get to that point too!

3. new mummy h

i think i will once xmas is here lol :)

just he says he'll do stuff then he doesnt, i ask him 2-3 times so in the end i do it myself as its not really a problem and he moans lol!! i want things doing yesterday haha :D X

4. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

haha! sounds like our house! I hate asking him more than once and i know he'll do it eventually, but all men run on a timeclock that means watching skysports news and sitting on your bum for an hour before you get round to doing something you've been asked to do is the norm! :)

5. new mummy h

its like ive asked him to take hoover upstairs since saturday morning and its now tuesday lol!! if i carry it up he'll complain lol cos its heavy so im not goin to bother - ill ask him again tonight lol might have it up there by saturday coming! x

6. thechaosismex

thechaosismex Well-Known Member

I am a very stubborn person but I'm finding it hard to delegate little things! Like yesterday xmas shopping I was lugging around loads of bags and my sister kept taking them off me to carry and it put me in strop. I was thankful when I got in though as I was absolutley shattered! crazy how normal things we used to do can take it out of us so much! x

7. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

I'm having a hard time giving up responsibility but don't have much of a choice - I've been so tired lately I just want to sleep most of the day, and when I muster up the energy to do something, I get halfway through and I'm wiped again lol.

8. new mummy h

i think i dont want to stop cos i dont want to start feeling lazy if u know what i mean??? im not one to just sit for hours and order ppl about lol!:D xx

9. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

I know what you mean, I always feel bad when OH keeps doing the washing up and stuff but at the same time can't be bothered to do it myself either lol xx

10. new mummy h

lol! he never cleans stuff properly anyway so id rather do it lol! :D

hope ure ok! xx

11. julchen_79

julchen_79 Well-Known Member

Ladies, I am on that with all of you. I too want things done yesterday and in a certain way. It is hard to ask, if I do I usually lack the patience to wait even 30 minutes and end up doing it myself. Sometimes I feel sorry for my OH. It like he can't do it right.

I have noticed I have started to get very tired so I definetely have to take it easier...yet I can see my vaccuming on the day of delivery...haha. It for sure is the sound LO most used to :rofl:

12. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

I still do a lot even if it is knackering my OH does not understand why I cant get the hoover up the stairs but that is a different story he carried my luggage to the train station on sunday but when I got to the other end and had to negotiate the tube I was alone so I had to cope.

I do the shoppng alone too, he is generally working so I dont mind and I feel like I have accomplished something but pushing the trolly is hard on my SPD.

I am not good at letting go in general I am mary in our sunday school play (I am the sunday school leader) and I keep knocking on the doors instead of joseph :rofl: think it would have been different in those days :rofl:

13. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

nope!!

I do little bits during the week while I'm at home and OH is at work.. daily dishes, make sure the clothes are washed and hung out, general basic tidy up..
    Everything else however gets left until the weekend, Friday nights we chat about what has to be done that weekend and thats that. OH does the shopping,. about 90% of the cooking, cleans the bathroom, does the bins, infact, he does pretty much everything and then gets to play xbox for a couple of hours. :rofl:

14. Hannah :)

Hannah :) Pregnant with #3!

I hate it when people fuss over me and try to take over my little jobs!
    My family dont do it cos they know i can do everything by myself but my OH and his family always fuss over me and even though they mean well it does my nut in!

Even though i do feel abit bad on him cos ill still try and do things i struggle to do like put my boots on and my socks and when he try's to help me i just growl at him lol.

xxx

15. BabyHaines

BabyHaines Mummy to baby George!!

I don't seem to have that problem.....

OH still see's it as fine to wake me up at 5am, so I can get up and make his breakfast and pack his lunch before he goes to work.
    It's also perfectly fine for me to work 40 hrs a wk and do EVERYTHING at home!! (He even bloody moans if he comes home and I haven't done enough!!) :growlmad:
    However, my hormones seem to be doing their job and I do not hesitate to tell him a) What I think!!
    b) Where to stick his whinging!! :haha:

Maybe (when I'm in labour or something) he'll get around to doing more.....:dohh:

Oh well, he did make me a drink at the weekend and he started dinner yesterday, so maybe things are looking up :wacko:

16. chocaholic

chocaholic Well-Known Member

I'm finding it hard, I hate anyone else washing up, dishes are never properly clean and things get put back in the wrong place! Have taken to saying that I need to stand up after a meal to avoid indigestion just so I can wash up - wouldn't mind, I hate washing up! Think I'm nuts!!!

17. mrskx0x0

mrskx0x0 Scarlett's Mummy

I'm sorry, I think I just entered the twilight zone or something, WHAT? No one has helped me do anything, only thing I don't do anymore is feed the guinea pig because you have to climb onto a chair to reach the cage. I am doing everything else and I am actually doing MORE now I am at home all day than I was when I was working. :cry: Gah, I am going to bed now so I can cry.

18. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

i'll moan i want things done but i'll do it myself anyway cos i cant be bothered to wait, then i'll moan im doing it,lol, god i moan alot,lol!! im with u tho, i one for if u want it done properly do it urself!!