LH surge day before period?

Toadly

Reaction score
I am due af tomorrow (although ff says today) and I got a positive OPK earlier today! What are people's experiences of this? Has anyone had one and been pregnant/not been pregnant? I read they can sometimes detect pregnancy? Thanks :)

They defo detect pregnancy I found out I was preg with #2 with opks :D you should defo test

Ahh this making me so excited!! Just realised I've got my cycle day wrong and af is due Thursday not tomorrow :)

Did you get a positive hpt straight after your positive opk?

Oh my goodness, at 10dpo, with a positive OPK, you should definitely test!

:test:

I don't want to test until af is late in too scared! Lol! I just checked my cervix and there was brown cm on it?? Just before af probably means she is coming :(

You never know, my sister spotted through the entire first trimester with one of her girls! Fingers are crossed for you!

Many women get a darker or positive opk just before AF because estrogen and a minor LH surge can happen just before AF. Opks can also confuse HCG with LH and get tricked into going positive when pregnant.
So, really, it can go either way.
Good luck, though.

Cppeace, can that surge also occur during AF? In all my years, I've never tested during until this cycle, but was pretty shocked to see myself go from stark white to a near-positive after AF arrived. (I've just kept on testing pretty much daily since I'm not sure what my cycle is going to do post-removal.)

Keep us posted, Toadly! :D

Yeah, Estrogen triggers LH production and LH can definitely be up just before and during AF. I actually have darkish lines opks until 7 or 8 days into my cycle then they go light until my actual LH surge for ovulation.

Our bodies can be major pains to really understand lol

Thanks cpeace so it could mean anything like most things in the tww lol! I have just done another opk this morning and it isn't quite as dark so probably not pg. If af doesn't come by Friday I will do a test!

Well ladies af came this afternoon!! So it defo is possible to have a very positive opk and be very not pregnant!

Aw, sorry this wasn't your month! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"