LH surge question..

pumpkin90

Reaction score
do you ovulate WHILE your LH is surging? or, do you ovulate after the LH surge is over?...

my first response digital OPK said "+Yes" on the 28th. and also had EWCM.. lots. I am noticing less CM, and I took a crappy dollar store OPK today and it didn't say positive, so I suppose that concludes my window to conceive.. fingers crossed!

A +OPK means ovulation will take place in I think 12-24 hours, so it precedes actual ovulation, and the LH surge is synonymous with a positive OPK

A +OPK means ovulation will take place in I think 12-24 hours, so it precedes actual ovulation, and the LH surge is synonymous with a positive OPK

So does it mean ovulation is done and fertility is not possible when I've gotten a neg after getting a positive? Or can the egg still be present and fertilized with no LH surge?

LH surge means you should ovulate in 12-36 hours , and once ovulation occurs the egg can be fertilized for 12-24 hours.

The negative test doesn't tell you much. From your first positive, just DTD that day, and maybe the next day or 2, and you should be covered. You won't know exactly when you've released the egg… so even if you have a negative the next day, there is a still a chance you can conceive that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->