• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Lies!

MummyJo

Mummy to 2 girls!
Reaction score
Earlier on I was having to (try) and explain to my 2 year old why she shouldn't lie (nothing serious just silly things she tries blaming her 2 month old sister for "Have you done a poo?" "No, sis has!" etcetera,) however I don't want it to become habit so was trying to explain why she shouldn't and it got me thinking..
I felt like such a hypocrite sitting telling her not to lie and not only two minutes before I'd been lying to her..
"So Santa flies around the world with magical reindeer pulling his sleigh...."
"You have to brush your teeth everyday or they'll all fall out.."
"No sweetheart, we can't watch any more TV/don't stand so close to the TV you'll get square eyes....."

Anyone else ever feel like it and what 'lies' have you/do you tell your LO?

I think they all go thru this stage - we have told my lad that fibb's are not good and even at times praised the truth (altho he was admitting to drawing on a wall)

I thing its just a thing we have to repeat - and ref white lies - for us the dont count i have just said to myself they are for the best and when he is older i will expain ..

I think the little lies we tell are for the childs own good and things like Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy ect are just little magical things we do for our kids. Dec is going through a stage of lying but I dont actually think he knows the whole concept of a lie, he will say things like daddy push me, Daniel hit me, but he will laugh, we do enforce the whole dont tell lies and dont make up stories thing but to be honest I dont even know if he understands what he is doing. As for the dont eat to much sweets or your teeth will fall out, that is TRUE !!!! lol To much sugar rots your teeth which in turn means you may lose your teeth, so keep that one as a truth not a fib ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"