Life's Defining Moments..hindsight

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Cheyanne, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Cheyanne

Cheyanne Well-Known Member

If you could travel back in time and visit your younger self at a defining moment in your life, what age would you choose and what advice would you offer?

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Id visit myself when i was at primary school and tell myself to ignore all the bullies, they will make me a stronger person :D

Id also visit myself in year 11 at school and tell myself to not be so lazy in lessons (i let myself down with gcse grades, was lucky i got averages at least)

3. 2nd.Time.Daddy

2nd.Time.Daddy Well-Known Member

12 , wouldnt go to the school i went to out of the choice of the 2 i had , and would ignore the pressure of my mum to choose.

4. 2nd.Time.Daddy

my dad had a thing about teaching me to fight , so if anyone did actually say anthing to me they would end up on the floor pleading for the violence to stop :rofl:

5. Cheyanne

I'd go back to age 14...my rebellious period or the beginning. LOL I'd say, "Have fun, but keep your eye on the future and expressing yourself isn't always as important as respecting yourself!"

6. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I was too shy to stick up for myself lol!
    Woulda gladly hit some people though!

7. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:rofl: I would go back to when I turned 18 and I would have told myself not to move out the the F**ing looser I got stuck with for 4 years....:rofl:

8. 2nd.Time.Daddy

ive never been shy :happydance: , i think being shy encourages bullies

think you will find everyone has been bullied at some point in their life , usually for the stupidest thing

9. Cheyanne

Hey, I think I married him! LOL My first husband was a real piece of work. We're the same age and he's on wife #4..I was his first victum, I mean wife. LOL

10. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I used to be really loud and outgoing (believe it or not!) but the bullies made me shy :(

11. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

when i first met Kris i was 17 lived at home and went out nearly every night of the week and drank loads
    was a great life, and when i was at school loved that too
    wouldnt change any of it
    i never listened in class dont have 1 gcse but still have a better paid job then all my clever friends :muaha:

12. sophie

sophie Mum of 2 pg with no3!

When i was 16 i had a great social life like Dionne out everynight of the week, holyhead sundays, jag thurs, Mr G's fri and sat :cry: i miss Mr G's!
    I wouldnt change my life now not for anything but i did have great teenage years so glad i did!
    x

13. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

hahaha i remeber the Jag i was about 16 then and getting in

but i doint remeber mr G's never been there i was to young - although OH says they were the good old days and when ikon foirst opened £10 in free drinks all night

14. sophie

sophie Mum of 2 pg with no3!

Yep they were the days I actually lived for my nights out in G's i loved it:rofl: how sad am i! was gutted when it closed down! An i do remember when Ikon 1st opened to!

15. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

this is a hard one fo rme, id like to say the age of 18, id go back and tell myself not to marry my ex hubby, but yo go and seek Jase out eariler instead, but then i wouldnt have charlie and ethan so i cant :(

lol

x

16. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

im the same i was going to say i wish i didnt met my ex but im glad i did as i learnt alot from it and its made me apprieiate Kris

17. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i would go back to when i was 11 and tell my mum what my step-dad was doing would have saved me 4 years of pain...

18. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

yeah looking at it like that i can relate, my ex taught me alot by treating me like shit, so i prob wouldnt be the person i am now if it wasnt for him lol

I used to be so laid back and take anything from anyone, now i stand up for myself and say what i think, not always a good thing mind lol

x

19. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

yeah io am the same gets me in trouble sometimes too

but im slowly learninng lol

sometimes i write a post on her then think about it and go back and delete it lol

20. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

See I believe in the butterfly effect. Like Layla said I wouldnt change anything, although I suffered abuse in the past if I haddnt been in that relationship I would never have moved away and I wouldnt have my boys. What happened to me affected so many other peoples lives. For one because I moved my mum decided she had no reason to stay in Esses either so she moved here to and changed jobs, then when my grandad died my gran moved here to, so my whole fmailt changed lives cause I did. Also I like to think that by me going to cort and getting my Ex put in prison I may have helped prevent some other poor woman from being a victim.

So something possitive comes out of even the worst situations I believe. Plus its the bad things in life that make us appreciate the good things and make us more well rounded stronger people.