Lifestyle changes...

africaqueen

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I lost our first baby at 6wks as jellybean was ectopic so i lost right tube too.

We will be able to ttc again in april so in prep im quitting smoking on monday(i had quit for few mths before getting pregnant, then started up again when we lost our baby) and im quitting drinking even tho i only drink socially as i want to get my body in best shape for getting pregnant as im aware my chances are reduced now and also i have mild pcos...

I am also going to be trying to lose around 24LB and im going to get going on my bike and walking again.

I just want to knw that if i dnt conceive then its not down to my lifestyle. At least i would of done everything right and tried my best:winkwink:

so what r u ladies doing in respect of lifestyle changes? i knw that what we have been thru makes us even more paranoid and some of us have decreased chances etc but im sure we will get there soon xxx

I've already stopped smoking now i'm in the stop drinking process,stopping smoking wasnt so hard b/c i got cervical cancer and after 2 cone biopsies i said i wouldnt even look at anything to smoke if i never have to go through that again..lol..and i dont drink much so that wont be too hard hopefully it will be as easy for you as it was for me w/o the CC and eventhough i dont need to loose wieght my dr. has told me i need to build muscle si i guess i'll be working on that to so Goodluck!!

i quit smoking when i found out the first time i was pregnant, i think i had one smoke since then, but not since my cycles started up again.
and i never drink alot and only on special occassions but now i drink 1 glass and definatly no more.

the boy is making an effort too, only smoking occasionally now

I have deceased caffiene, don't drink anyway really, excercising - have lost a stone, healthy eating, oh on boys vits ( father to be ), addressing pcos, doing cbfm to monitor ov

i'm working very hard on trying to reduce my caffine intake. :coffee:
I used to have a can of mother (like redbul but 500ml) everyday sometime twice a day. Other than that i try to eat well and should get out and do my exercise but its a little difficult at the moment being its only 5 days since mc:cry:it still get quite tired and sore if i do to much

Good for you for working on yourself and your health! It takes so much will power!

I'm currently trying to cut back on the caffine and coffee. I miscarried around the same time as you AfricaQueen (I had a chemical though). I am now pregnant again and trying so very hard to cut back on the coffee...it's my only vice as I have never smoked and don't drink. So here's to will power!

Thats great you are making changes.

One thing I would say, that my gp said to me after my ectopic, is that you know that you can conceive. Your bean just got stuck, you obviously have good eggs and oh has good sperm.

Congrats on making the decisions for lifestyle changes, thats always good. XX

hi I had a m/c at 7 wks and it is now cycle 4 after my D&C in september. I already had stopped drinking and didn't smoke anyway and stuck to healthier eating but this time around I am cutting out caffeine completely and cutting out artificial sweeteners just in case. I also am cutting soy because I don't want anything to affect my natural hormonal balance. I also have begged my DH to cut his beer drinking down. They say that tobbacco and alcohol use can decrease sperm count and quality. He still is drinking beer but won't go over a limit I set for him. I am such a nag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->