Lifting while pregnant question?

18NPregnant

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi i am 20 weeks pregnant with my second child and my son is 9 months, is it normal to be getting cramps and pains in which i buckle over when i lift him adn carry him, what do i do im the only one home during the day

Ive read its fine to lift your toddler as your used to doing it, itd be different if it were you suddenly lifting something heavy on a regular basis

no but back pain is normal. I remember getting it alot when i was pregnant with River no matter what i did.

Give your MW a quick call if its really hurting they can arrange some physio

I don't know. If it should i am asking my mw this week as i have a 6 month old and he is getting heavy and i get pains when lifting him

When in house on own i camp out on living room floor and he rolls about or i put him in his chair if i need to do anything

A nurse at work told me that anything you were doing pre-pregnancy, i.e lifting and carrying wise should be fine to continue to do whilst you are pregnant until the bump gets in the way. But anythong over the weight or work load that you body is used to is not ok to do during pregnancy.

I work as a hospital porter and so i work pushing pulling and lifting people and things 3 days a week 11 hours at a time. I find sometimes i get mild aches across my stomach and lower back pain and thats when i know i have to sit down for 10 mins! but if the pain is making you double over i would go see you MW hun and she may be able to advise you or refer you to physio maybe to sort out whats causing it xx

well obviously i was lifting my son before but he is gaining weight. and i sit down when it comes but it has been here steady all morning worsening when i lift my son or stand up, and it only really stops when i am laying down if that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->