"ligament?!" pain when walking?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Dekaky, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Dekaky

Dekaky Well-Known Member

Just wondering if any of you have trouble walking because of round ligament pain? I'm guessing that's what it is - the last few weeks it seems to be getting worse. Whenever I walk it feels like a painful pulling sensation in my bump but it stops as soon as I sit down or stop walking. I went for a walk at lunch today and it was so bad it made me slow right down and pretty much crawl back to work. My hip pain has also been getting worse at night (got so fed up the other night I almost got out of bed to round up all the pillows so that I could sleep half sitting up!) - I'm not sure if that's related in any way.

Just wanted to say Thanks to all you beautiful ladies. I don't post much on here - but everytime I do I get amazing responses. So - Thank you! :hug:

2. sun

sun Mum of 3

OMG I can't believe you just posted this! It's a good thing I checked because I was about to post the exact same thing.
    I am also assuming that it is round ligament pain that I have. And it hits when I am walking somewhere - especially if I am walking quickly. The pain is mostly at the lower right of the abdomen and starts off like a running cramp - then gets worse and worse until I have to slow wayyyyy down. The pain goes away the minute I stop moving. It also hit me once when riding my bike. I hope it subsides soon - does round ligament pain get better during pg?

And hey - I am also in Ontario - Hi from Toronto! :D

xx

3. mummy0704

mummy0704 mummy to 3

hi is the pain also in your pelvis ? as it could be spd, i had this in my last pregnancy i had trouble walking, going upstairs, and i couldnt lay flat had to sleep on sofa.

4. mumnbean

mumnbean Well-Known Member

I had this from about week 10 in my pregnancy... have always been pretty active, though not super fit- and was just about crippled after a couple of long walks 5-10kms I took cause I wanted more exercise when I took some time off work.

Pain was worse on right, but some pain on left too and it went down to tops of my legs. Have rested it now, and started aquaerobics which made it all settle down. took about 2-3 weeks though! and now can feel it flare up again very quickly if I walk too fast or too far.

Joys of pregnancy!!!

5. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

Hey

Glad you posted too, had a bad day pain wise yesterday but today I have this ligament pain that hurts when I walk, it doesn't seem to stop completely though when I sit down just eases a bit. I now have a dull ache :(

6. elzbthchrstne

elzbthchrstne New Member

I have the EXACT same thing, dull pain (feels like runner's cramp) in right side of bump that starts when I jog or walk fast and then hangs on until I stop.
    The strange thing is as I was walking today I ran into a friend of mine who is pregnant with her second and a registered nurse. I mentioned it to her and she said that WALKING SHOULD HELP; the ligaments are mad because Baby's making them move and walking will help them adjust faster.
    She also said that a support band (which I have yet to try) really helps too...